www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Race Leathers  (Read 303 times)

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
Race Leathers
« on: Oct 30, 2017, 21:00:09 »
Hey.  I'm looking buy a set of race leathers for trackdays and I've never owned a set before.   I see custom made (likely orient somewhere) suits for under 400$.   I see suits all the way up to several thousand dollars.    I want a safe, legit set but I don't want to have to spend more than necessary. 

When I punch "motorcycle racing leather suit" into Google, eBay, etc....  there are tons of choices including knock-offs and all.

I'm looking for some experienced input.

Thanks.
--
YZF750/1000R The Fly
KZ 750 Twin
ZRX 1100
The Shovelhead springer chopper
A bunch of KZ's...some Suzukis', and a disassembled CB550
--

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
Re: Race Leathers
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2017, 21:07:44 »
Check out SYED, out of Orlando.

If not wanting a custom suit, you can usually find previous years models for cheap.
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/sport/leather+motorcycle+suits
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2017, 21:09:46 by J-Rod10 »

Offline Rat_ranger

« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2017, 22:10:03 »
I have a teknic chicane suit, good for the price, I paid $200 but they seem to have gone up a bit.
Xs650

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2017, 22:38:27 »
Get some 2nd hand ones - $400 for custom leathers = thin poorly stitched junk.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline 1fasgsxr

« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2017, 15:35:58 »
There used to be a guy that went by Barnacle bill that used to have used suits I think...I know he does repairs to them. Money spent on a suit is money well spent
and the better the suit the higher the price. They have freaking air bags in them now ! A well made suit will last for yrs if you don't chew it up on a crash. If I was to but a new one now days I would go with Alpinestars or Dainese..
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2017, 15:39:03 by 1fasgsxr »