Wiring Question kz650

11:11

Dia.jpg

Should this be working. No spark at plugs. Whole system looks old and beat up. Should I start buying new regulator/rectifier, coil, and spark plug wires? Plugs are good and gaped correctly, grabbed the WAY good battery out of my car. Can I just buy generic car coils and regulators, or do they need to be specific? Lost my volt meter when GF kicked me out so really feel helpless :-[. Oh and ANYBODY got an idea of that blue/red wire coming out of the Distributor? I tried hooking it up to positive cable but that didn't change anything.

The blue/red wire is from the oil pressure sensor (located behind the ignition plate under that cover). I'm not very good with wiring either, so not sure if you're bare bones schematic would work or not. But hey, at least I answered one question!!! Check over at kzrider.com. There are some electrical geniuses over there that would be able to answer your question in a quick minute.

Thanks for clarifying the blue red wire. I'll try kzrider. Posted couple questions on kz650.info and didn't get much response. This board seems to be MUCH more frequented.

Back
Top Bottom