Farm boy’s Rattle-can Racer

CrabsAndCylinders said:
This is so interesting to watch, can't wait for the start-up. 38mm carbs sound too big to me, most modded T500's I have seen have used 34mm, I think that at least the original TR500's used 34's, although Teazer would have made a comment on this if it was a problem.

Brian

Hey Brian, i do have it running, just haven’t had space to get out of first gear. It gets moving quickly enough, but these tires aren’t for off road and slowing down on a grassy path is squirrelly at best.
Carbs are actually 36mm, i was told they were 38’s by the PO, but it was 2 sets of 36, not one of each like he thought.

I just can’t get over how vicious it sounds even at 1/2 throttle, it just wants to rev and rev and rev. It pulls nicely from just off idle to the 1/2 point so far, does nice little burnouts with the old avon am23 haha.

Starting to wonder if i bother keeping it though. The more the summer progresses, the more i realize it will probably only see the track once a year with me, if i go through the process of getting the papers in order.

farmer92 said:
Starting to wonder if i bother keeping it though. The more the summer progresses, the more i realize it will probably only see the track once a year with me, if i go through the process of getting the papers in order.
Sell it mate and get yourself a KLR C. Four stroke. Because you know what they say, why have 2 strokes when 4 is double the fun? ::)

The Jimbonaut said:
Sell it mate and get yourself a KLR C. Four stroke. Because you know what they say, why have 2 strokes when 4 is double the fun? ::)

Because if you stroke it more than twice you’re playing with it?

Nah i kid
I would replace it with an offroad thumper though, either drz400, Or an xr650. Or maybe something off-road only, i’ve been hunting.

Not gonna lie though
I’m really tempted to fit some dirt tires to a spare set of wheels i have a rip this thing offroad all summer

So just got back from a 20 minute rip over a rolled soy field (nice and smooth, kinda)
Fuck.
Clip-ons!
Fuck them
How the hell do people ride with that shit?
It might be my old wrist injuries from hockey but Jesus if i had to do that for over an hour i wouldn’t be able to use my hands for a day.

Other than that, she pulled and pulled until i ran out of balls. I don’t have a tach, didn’t want to rev it to pieces just yet.

That hit when she gets on the pipes is insane.
Instant wheelslip.

farmer92 said:
That hit when she gets on the pipes is insane.
Instant wheelslip.

That's why a well-sorted workshop has a dirty ol' stinkwheel hidden somewhere out of sight... 8)

Considered getting some 2-stroke dirtbike, haven't you? Be careful. They're bl**dy addictive and a superfast way straight to hospital. (Ask my left foot, right ankle, right knee and a couple of other parts.) But ever ran a KTM 360 supermoto... oh boy. Feels like a mountainbike someone strapped a booster rocket from Nasa's space shuttle to the back. (when it comes on pipe!)

der_nanno said:
Considered getting some 2-stroke dirtbike, haven't you? Be careful. They're bl**dy addictive and a superfast way straight to hospital. (Ask my left foot, right ankle, right knee and a couple of other parts.) But ever ran a KTM 360 supermoto... oh boy. Feels like a mountainbike someone strapped a booster rocket from Nasa's space shuttle to the back. (when it comes on pipe!)

I had a 91 rm250
Loved it
Sold it
Miss it

Not as much as i miss my old TC185 though
That thing was great for pounding through the woods or a field, hi range for the field, low range in woods for a bit extra oomph getting through ditches...
Only bike i truly regret selling.

I just hope i don’t regret this one if i get rid of it. I spent a long time looking for a set of squish heads, the rest is more easily replaced.

If you can, simply park it in a dry corner of the workshop. I've had a RD250 under the bench for approx. 2 or 3 years and will probably get to it next year. These things take their time.

der_nanno said:
If you can, simply park it in a dry corner of the workshop. I've had a RD250 under the bench for approx. 2 or 3 years and will probably get to it next year. These things take their time.

I wish i could, but it’s the third titan in the works shop, this one is in a nice corner and needs a full going over,
ef400a4d5806ecb4ac4f40b29e01433f.jpg

And another that needs some nice pipes and wiring

And another bare frame and spare motor...

Running out of corners

Don't ask me for advice... I'd definitely sell the stocker, because that's a kind of bikes I generally don't care about. (It does look good, but you can always buy another stocker, but a special that you built yourself, that's always gonna be special.)

Back
Top Bottom