SR250 1996 swingarm install help please

vortexracing

Just put the motor back in my SR250 project and I have noticed a bare section of bush showing. I cannot recall removing anything from here (it's been 4 years since I stripped it down) :-[

Please see the left hand side of the picture below, you can clearly see the bare bush.

The exploded view from CMSNL mentions an oil seal (number 7) and a plate, with tabs (number 14). I have searched all the bits from the bike and I cannot find any of these. I am sure they did not come off the bike.

Can somebody please show me a close up of an installed correctly swing arm assembly, and give me some idea what that oil seal is made from.
It looks like I am going to have to get one made.

In addition what is the tabbed plate for?????

Untitled by eastham_david, on Flickr

yamaha-sr250-1991-21l1-spain-2121l-352s1-rear-arm-suspension_big3IMG00972831_cc28 by eastham_david, on Flickr

Thanks

Dave

the plate ( 14 ) is what covers that section of the bushing, it kinda locks the swing arm in place if the bolt ( 8 ) is removed. I just kinda assumed it was some weird safety to stop the bike from just falling apart after you pulled the bolt that holds the swing arm to the frame.

Cheers,

so the oil seal (7) sits inside the swingarm and that plate (14) sits over the bush that is still sticking out by approx 7mm.

In other words, if i make a new plate (14) out of 7mm steel that will be all i need.

Is that a correct description?

Thanks again

Dave

Back
Top Bottom