CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

Re: CB360's - Speak No Evil, See No Evil, Hear No Evil-from build to blog

Looking great PJ. I started my build a couple weeks ago. How did the lowered front forks work out? I'd love any info!

Tyres turned up for the 'blue' wheels' yesterday ;D
They are the biggest tyres I've ever even thought about fitting to a 360, 4.10 front and a 4.60 rear :eek: :eek:
The WM 3 rims are OK for that size, even though rear is close to it's limit
Here's pics, including original 3.00 front for comparison, 4.10 doesn't look too much wider

NewTyres-1.jpg

NewTyres-2.jpg

NewTyres-3.jpg

NewTyres-comparison.jpg

Nice! Those would be perfect for my little 200 (albeit maybe a hair smaller...)

What tires are those, PJ?

Cool! When did you decide to do an all-road version PJ?

It's the third one I'm doing, probably should have it in tracker section but couldn't be bothered to start a new thread
It's going to be 'flat-trakie stylee' not going to run front fender, already have 'heavy duty' fork brace made ;)
I won't be able to ride cafe' for months after surgery ;D (plus cafe is in pieces for paint and 'pretty' ::) )
It may well be this time next year before I'm 100%, still don't have any decision about my back but insurance have OK'd elbow and shoulder surgery (elbow,3rd Jan 2012, shoulder- don't know, probably about month~ 6 weeks later?)
Tyres are Bridgestone copies, Chapperal motorsports, e-bay ($100.75 for pair and a tube)
Free shipping over $100.00, I got a tube, they did me a 'deal' to get it total over $100 (would have been $113.?? separately for tyres with shipping)
Always pays to check for stuff people don't advertise ;)

Thanks for the tire info, that's my kind of price :)

Best of luck with the surgery!

PJ, I really hope you get through all this ok. i hate to sound like a downer but someone with your knowledge and passion for the sport of riding needs to be able to ride. I'm pullin' for ya man, as im sure everyone else is. keep us updated on how you're doin' post op. we care.

dp9 said:
PJ, I really hope you get through all this ok. i hate to sound like a downer but someone with your knowledge and passion for the sport of riding needs to be able to ride. I'm pullin' for ya man, as im sure everyone else is. keep us updated on how you're doin' post op. we care.

+1 Get better and get riding!

/\...what they said.../\

Hang in there Amigo!

Hey man, incredibly inspiring thread. Starting to do some more involved builds myself, and I rather like the look of the cheapo piggyback shocks you reworked. I'm thinking about getting a set and putting some decent fluid in them and maybe doing some shim tuning for my cb550. Just wondering if you have suggestions for getting them full of fluid without machining a bleed port and whether you've had enough ride time on them to assess the durability of the seals and all that?

Bleed port is easiest thing to do.
It's possible to re-fill them and get all the air out, I just wanted something even easier as I wasn't sure if I would have them apart more than once to try different oil
Seals seem OK, done a few hundred miles and using full travel without knowing so they work good

nice build so far!
i just got a pair of Pro-wheel rims too, did you use the stock spokes and nipples? the nipple holes on the rims seem too big..

quangalang said:
nice build so far!
i just got a pair of Pro-wheel rims too, did you use the stock spokes and nipples? the nipple holes on the rims seem too big..

Yep, holes are too big but I used stock spokes and nipples.
I made set of cup washers, (there's a pic at beginning somewhere page 5~6?)
I bought doming block set ($40.00) and used flat brass washers.
I made a set to use Taiwan spokes in MX rim, it was a PITA to file out the holes so I made a fixture for 'blue' wheels
If you need washers I can make you a set but it won't be until February.
I can do set for about $32.50 including shipping

crazypj said:
Yep, holes are too big but I used stock spokes and nipples.
I made set of cup washers, (there's a pic at beginning somewhere page 5~6?)
I bought doming block set ($40.00) and used flat brass washers.
I made a set to use Taiwan spokes in MX rim, it was a PITA to file out the holes so I made a fixture for 'blue' wheels
If you need washers I can make you a set but it won't be until February.
I can do set for about $32.50 including shipping
aww darn.. more work. :(
thanks for the offer i think i can handle it myself.

No problem, have fun.
You need 8 ten packs of #10 washers to modify
I was in Home Depot couple of days before surgery and got some 'Liquid Tape'
It's a bit too thick to work on lever ends without thinning slightly so it 'runs' better
Did a few levers for SAG.

Levers-1.jpg

crazypj said:
No problem, have fun.
You need 8 ten packs of #10 washers to modify
I was in Home Depot couple of days before surgery and got some 'Liquid Tape'
It's a bit too thick to work on lever ends without thinning slightly so it 'runs' better
Did a few levers for SAG.

Levers-1.jpg

BASTARD! the rubber dipping is my trick!

though I do the whole handle... nice and grippy.

I'm getting Blue for the 'Blue bike. ;D
Plasti-dip spray doesn't work, not sure about Plasti-dip the dipping stuff?
BDN tried it, peeled off first time out
Liquid tape seems a different finish?

ive used the Plasti-Dip and its held up.

I clean surface throughly first as if prepping for paint, then dip on a thin first coat, let it dry thoroughly, and gradually build up the layers, sanding lightly inbetween till i get the desired thickness.

I used that method on some needle nose pliars YEARS ago and they held up real good. On my bmx bike the plasti dipped handle held up really well until a long scraping on some concrete ripped it apart, and it came off. mostly as a result of it being applied on a smooth painted surface, instead of something with a little more "bite"

That's good to know, did you thin the PlastiDip?

Hey guys need a little help. Is it possibile to change the spark plug wire in the coild for the cb360. Or over all is it just easier to replace it. Has anyone used pamco if not what products do you like.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom