88 Rebel 450 Steal

gijoe13844

Coast to Coast
"Stole" this running 88 Rebel 450 Twin over the weekend for 125 bucks. I think its an 88 atleast. Didnt even have time to check vin this weekend just took a chance.

IMG_20121125_172830_180.jpg

Needs some small rust removal, a bit of fender paint, seat upholster, and a carb rebuild. Any ideas what i can reasonably expect to get for it if i chose to just get it running smooth, clean it cosmetically and flip it? I was thinking 800-1000 but i dont really know the rebels. I heard it is a rare ish bike??

Should I just sell it stock or put another couple hundred into flat bars, new paint job, etc etc to make simple little chopper? Would I be able to get much more for it that way?

Just looking for opinions...i normally research the crap out of this stuff before i buy but this was a fire sale...the guy is moving to north dakota today and needed it gone. wanted 300 for it.

The 450's were only made in '86-'87. And are definitely sought after.
Personally, I'd get it running, clean it up, and sell it as is. I doubt you'll get alot more for the trouble of chopping it, and a chop will have to go to someone who wants that style. Where the stocker can be whatever the new owner wants it to be.

I don't know the exact market on them, or the market in your area. But down this way (in Southern Louisiana) the 250 rebels in similar shape will go in the $1000-$1200 range. If it were me, here, I'd start at $1700 or so and let somebody talk me down to $1500 or so.

Yep found out today when I checked the vin that it is an 86. I like the idea of keeping it stock and let it being someone else's canvas. Especially if I can make a quick 1000 off it. Some cool ideas rolling in my head for it tho haha...just can't help it!

Yep, the 450s were only made for two year and quite rare compared to the 250s. I've seen plenty of 250s for sale around here for $1000-$1500. Google Jacks Rebel Warehouse if you need parts. They're somewhere in Florida or Alabama, I can't remember which.

john83 said:
Google Jacks Rebel Warehouse if you need parts. They're somewhere in Florida or Alabama, I can't remember which.

Cool thanks. A lot better than dealing with ebay if I dont have to.

I've bought parts for my 250 off ebay but the guys at Jacks are pretty cool. They have tons of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom