First bike/bobber build!Lil' Blue

Starting to soak em in boiling water. Pulled all the jets but one as I cannot find my mini set of screw drivers to remove the tiny jet and I don't wanna damage it. I just gotta make sure it gets cleaned big time.other jets look clean other then a white tarnish to the surface of them.

You'll find that you need special screwdrivers for carb removal. There's a section at FLeet Farm (huge man-store) That has several different screwdrivers. Don't use something that doesn't almost go across the whole slot on top of the jet, or you'll strip them more easily since they are brass. Good luck and keep going!

I got it all cleaned. Left my manual at my apt -_- I'll be putting em back together today after work and see how she goes *crosses fingers*.All the passageways and jet ports got a major cleaning I also sprayed the jets and cleaned them. on a side note it felt awkward as hell boiling the carbs on the stove, mmmmm carbs for dinner lol.

So, It will need a rebuild kit. But that was not what was causing the problem for the throttle flat spot and the left cylinder quitting out. It was suffering from the "Dodge Idiot Box" syndrome (voltage regulator/rectifier.....another reason to hate dodge even more :D.) I'll post 2 videos once i can upload them to youtube of the bike in neutral and a under load test. =P I swapped coils thinking it was that and both coils work fine, fixed plug gapping etc etc.

It's going to need valve adjustments in the near future as the left cylinder plug carbons up. I believe the exhaust valve timing is a little off, so i may this winter check the condition and clearances of the valve's.

JordanCFH said:
So, It will need a rebuild kit. But that was not what was causing the problem for the throttle flat spot and the left cylinder quitting out. It was suffering from the "Dodge Idiot Box" syndrome (voltage regulator/rectifier.....another reason to hate dodge even more :D.) I'll post 2 videos once i can upload them to youtube of the bike in neutral and a under load test. =P I swapped coils thinking it was that and both coils work fine, fixed plug gapping etc etc.

It's going to need valve adjustments in the near future as the left cylinder plug carbons up. I believe the exhaust valve timing is a little off, so i may this winter check the condition and clearances of the valve's.

Well, it's a good start, and at least you are doing the right thing and getting things fixed/checked/adjusted before taking it out riding for long hauls etc.

Well knowing that the life span before a rebuild is a little different from a v8. I wanna make sure that the engine will not have a major failure that will cause me heartache and more money then its worth.

cause my next project is my 75 f250 and finding a basket case HD bagger

Back
Top Bottom