Patching a rear 1975 cb360 rear tire

Tub67696

So I caught a fucking nail in my rear tire(photo below). Was wondering if anyone has any tutorials or guides on how to patch it. Do I need to take the tire off? Do I need any specific tools other than the obvious? Anything help!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

You prob need to take the tube out and patch that. And you seriously should have learned how to do that when you were 8 with your bicycle. And i cant see any pic

84c626ab6543225842d34ddbfe9af73e.jpg

Picture attached. I know how to patch a tire. My question really is do I have to take the whole rear wheel off (if so any info on that) and would I need tools like a chain remover etc

Tub67696 said:
84c626ab6543225842d34ddbfe9af73e.jpg

Picture attached. I know how to patch a tire. My question really is do I have to take the whole rear wheel off (if so any info on that) and would I need tools like a chain remover etc

Well.. unless you run tube less youre gonna have to patch the tube, not the tire. No real need to pull it all apart since the puncture looks kinda obvious, just crack the bead and pull the damaged part of the tube out. The lazy mans approach
Plugging the tire can be done from the outside.

It isn't tubeless so you need to fit a new tube. Take the wheel off, remove tyre or pay a shop to do it.
How old is that tyre? Check date code, you may need something newer which will be safer and give better grip
To remove wheel, remove axle nut, remove nut on brake torque arm, remove brake adjuster nut and push down on brake pedal to remove rod. Don't loose the barrel in operating arm (do not remove operating arm)
Pull axle, drop wheel, roll it forward and unhook drive chain. Roll wheel out to rear. You only need a few tools to remove wheel, socket for axle nut and 12~14mm for torque arm (should be 12mm but could have been changed in 35+ yrs)

Back
Top Bottom