Bell Bullitt

one way to tell if it still has some air, pump the lever untill it comes up hard and zip tie it tight to the grip overnight(system under pressure)if there is a small amount of air in the system this can temporarily fix the issue
then you would know that air is it
if this does nothing then look to excessive disc runout
another way to test is to borrow a bigger master see wot happens

fuck, I wish I had read this article before buying the first master cylinder.
http://randakks.com/products/randakks-upgraded-front-master-cylinder

I dig the helmet. But I own a Gringo so my opinion is not to be trusted

Yeah man I like it a lot. It's certainly better than my Custom 500 and it looks like it fits better than the Gringo. I don't feel like it was money wasted :)

I picked up one of the Bell Bullitts. Really nice helmet. Craftsmanship is way better than I expected & the materials inside are really nice. I always wear a full face & this matches much better to my bike than my shoei. Now if the tinted shield would hurry up & come in.

Withers said:
Already did both of those, all stainless steel lines, speed bleeders on both calipers. I ordered a 14mm piston master cylinder, which I think is the right size for a GL1000... I'd hate it if I bought the wrong damn thing.

off topic but looks like you have dual discs... you need a 5/8 bore not a 1/2. 14mm vs 16mm or whatever.

grancuda said:
I picked up one of the Bell Bullitts. Really nice helmet. Craftsmanship is way better than I expected & the materials inside are really nice. I always wear a full face & this matches much better to my bike than my shoei. Now if the tinted shield would hurry up & come in.

Where did you order your tinted shield from?

fury413rb said:
off topic but looks like you have dual discs... you need a 5/8 bore not a 1/2. 14mm vs 16mm or whatever.

Super late in replying, but yes that's exactly what the problem was. Fucking GL1000's came with the wrong sized piston from the factory. I have a 5/8 now and it works perfectly.

These are just about to hit the Australian market in the next few weeks. Even more expensive here ($5-600 I have heard) but looking forward to seeing them in the flesh, look fantastic in the photos.

Late reply to this post, but I managed to track a couple of these down at the local HD marketing facility (and dealership, I think there were some bikes in there somewhere between all those HD t-shirts). They had both the black and matte black in size L which fit me very well. Much better fit around my glasses than any other Bell helmet I've tried, including the 3/4 helmets. The L felt just slightly looser on my head than my HJC CL17, but fit my head shape about as well as the HJC. I was pretty impressed with the fit. Much wider field of view than my HJC obviously because the visor is larger and the chin bar shorter.

Something to note if it bothers you... the black (gloss) helmet had brown padding/strap while the matte black had black padding/strap.

I have the gloss black and brown interior version. Great helmet, very light and comfortable. I only got it because it was $300 because of a tiny scratch on the back. Big score. If your thinking about this helmet dont listen to the haters- wait around on ebay and you will find a deal. once you get the technique of putting on and taking off its really nice. I removed the shield and ride with safety glasses. When i had the visor on it is almost impossible to fog and gets great wind even when closed.

Beware! If you like to ride with the visor open it whistles something FIERCE. Thats my only complaint and i dont like riding with visors anyway.

Just picked up one of these although haven't worn in anger yet.

bell.jpg

Hmmm, think the beard needs a trim ;D

Killing a bit of time until I get Jessica finished (see Jessica's Story link in sig) and playing with some ideas on a custom finish.

Bit crude (the colours should be the same red & silver grey as the bike)

Idea 1

helmet00.jpg

Idea 2

helmet01.jpg

Variation

jessica_helmet.jpg

Mockup of where I'm heading with Jessica (shows the colours better)

jessica_mockup_final.jpg

(the 64 is a reference to the year I was born)

Rusnak_322 said:
Do they ever go on sale?
I am looking to pick one up, preferably the light blue/ brown.

Probably not but I have one and it is miles away from any other helmet I've owned. Super light and super comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom