Important change to the Site Supporter program

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Many of you have been gracious and generous in your support through our $10 / year Site Supporter subscription option in the past. Your support is always welcomed my dear friends, and more appreciated than you can imagine.

That being said, DO THE TON has come a long way in the last couple of years, as have many of the companies our friends have been running. From Dime City Cycles started by members Jason and Herm just a few short years ago (who have been supporters of DO THE TON since the beginning), to Sean at Roc City, and more recently Logan's launch of Rust Revival along with a number of others.

The support from these Friends of DO THE TON keeps the site on the air, and allows the never ending expansion of our hosting services as our needs grow daily. It allows us to get things like 16 foot tall flags and pop-up tents for events like the Ace Corner we just enjoyed and will allow us to expand on that by helping support events hosted by groups of our members in different areas all over.

The Site Supporter program is special in that it comes directly from our members, and is a real commitment to supporting the site, which at the end of the day, is fundamentally made up of those same members. So from this point on, 100% of any Site Supporter contributions is going to go directly to supporting our members, not paying the bills of running the site.

These funds will be used when possible to help our members in need, make charitable donations reflective of our membership's ideals and values, help members perhaps attend a major DO THE TON gathering that they might not otherwise be able to etc.

I've tried over the years to do what I can with the funds contributed by our members and Friends of DTT to do just these things. Be it by contributing parts to people's projects, helping members attend meet-ups, and making contributions to charities in the name of our group. I'm looking forward to being able to do more of that in years to come.

This idea came to me appropriately while sitting with DTT members in Alabama in the warmth of Kiley's garage, while enjoying the cleansing rain of a storm passing overhead ringing on the metal roof. We were discussing the Site Supporter program, as I was contemplating changing it to reflect the changing needs of the site. People wanted it to continue, and this is the best idea I've been able to come up with to have it reflect the values I feel we embody as a family.

I am wide open to further suggestions, comments, 2x4 hits to the head on this topic, so please chime in.

To access the Site Supporter subscription registration, this is the link:

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions

I think its an awesome idea Tim! And thanks for posting this, because i hadnt realized my "site supporter" status lapsed until now. Just renewed. Thanks for making DTT what it is today.

Very happy the site is doing so well and Great idea on supporting members Tim :)

Once again another superb illustration of how supportive and generous this community is. Proud to be a very small part of it.

Great idea tim in anyway that it is possible to help the family here on DTT I am on board. Thanks for what you do Tim.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I am so proud to be a part of this family, and glad to know that our contributions will help a member in need.
Thanks for making DTT more than just a forum!

Eddie

I think this is an amazing idea. Materialistic items such as 16' flags, food, tools, etc can always be donated, especially with a group of people like this. Using the money to get members to these gatherings or help out a group in need is far more important and further extends the open arms of the DTT community. I'm pretty sure I found one of the last pockets of good, honest people in North America.

Hey Tim. When I originally signed up I selected the reoccurring payment option. It seems I've lost my little site supporter banner though. Did it not work? Do I need to sign up again?

Sometimes the auto-renew fails, even if the payment comes through. If anyone ever has a problem with their status not updating properly just let me know. I try to manually check each one as it happens, but sometimes I miss one.

As discussed in those cleansing rains, I absolutely love this idea.

I got some help getting to Barber this year, and I love the idea of my site support going to help someone else.

I love this site. And if you were close by, Tim, I'd give you another huge hug.

Cafe_to_go said:
How do I renew again? I lost my banner a while ago.

The link is in the first post, and in your Profile under Actions you should see Paid Subscriptions on the menu. You can manage it there as well.

Re: Re: Important change to the Site Supporter program

JustinLonghorn said:
I love this site. And if you were close by, Tim, I'd give you another huge hug.
Give Tim a hug? Justin you do realize that Tim is NOT someone else's wife don't you?

Back
Top Bottom