1977 CB400f Tracker Long Term Project

SonOfNoRiders

I am the Son of No riders who has just finished his CBX550F Tracker / Brat on a budget build

I am a little late to the party but thought I would start a build thread to update on the little fettling bits and pieces i do on the bike, The issues i run into and just to show off my work.

So while I was away over Christmas 2015 my dad saved this bike from the side of a guys garaged where it had been for 15 years.

Over the next 9 months I got it up and running, renewed stock parts, removed some parts and added some new parts. I also bought a CB750 rolling chassis and used the front end. The main parts are :

• 1979 CB750 DOHC Forks, Front Wheel, Yokes
  • GSX1100 Hagon Rears Shocks
  • Gold Renthal Bars
  • eBay Seat
  • 1982 Honda twin piston front caliper
  • Cheap Pod Filters
  • New Main,Pilot & Float needles
  • Plastic Trials Rear Mudguard
  • Generic Trials Rear light
  • Moped Single filament headlight
  • Honda SL65 60mph Speedo
  • 2012 CBR125 Left hand control
  • Honda CB550 Idiot light Bar clamp
  • Honda 250 Throttle
  • Mitas Front ( SW-06) & Rear ( E-01) tyres

The tank has been lightly rubbed down and then Lacquered over the topm, a friend of mine got this done and it cost me a 2x 24 bag multipack of crisps

The exhaust has been wrapped with a baffle welded inside and then a tip on top, the metal tie wraps have been binned and the wrap is now held in place by locking wire

Anyway.... Here are a couple of build pictures from along the way.

Then came the MOT

It Passed the MOT !!

After this I had to change the main jets as they were too big and I have just balanced the carbs, here are some more pictures of it:

Nice work with 400....it has a life again and looks good as well, enjoy the ride!

Back
Top Bottom