XS650RR ... Mock up Completed ...

XS650RR

Go'n In Deeper ... Come'n Out Harder
Well the mock up has been completed. Thought I would share a couple of pics be for disassembly and then off the powder coaters on Thursday.
XS650RRIII.jpg

XS650RRII.jpg

XS650RR.jpg

Looks awesome, and I had the pleasure of seeing it in person on Sunday.

Ian, when you break it down, would you mind taking a tracing of the rearset mounts for me? I thought about that when I left your place on Sunday - imitation is the sincerest form of saving time and trouble - isn't that how it goes?

Forgot to ask - what year frame is yours? When I removed the rear footpeg mounts from my '72 I was and am a little concerned about the welds that seemed to meld in with the swingarm mounts. I'm hoping I didn't weaken this area by removing the stamped plate footpeg mounts (see my project thread for pics).

I agree 100% with the others. But I am most impressed with that exhaust! Very well done on that.

--Chris

chrisf said:
I agree 100% with the others. But I am most impressed with that exhaust! Very well done on that.

--Chris

Chris ... the pipe is a Jemco out of Houston Texas and has been ceramic coated.

Das Nuts!

Looking great! So what years do the parts span... I LOVE looking back and forth from the front discs to the rear drum... it's like a time warp!

Ian, that looks beautiful. Not in time for Quinte TT though? Nice work. I ran into a couple of guys at CVMG meet in Georgetown last night with XS650's. One fellow (Sid) had a 750 kit in the motor and looked bone stock. What a sleeper.

These bikes are terrific looking. You guys get big marks for the works of art you are creating. I am jealous.

Fairing looks really nice, and the pipes are out of this world.

How ya gonna get it off the table when it's done :)

Back
Top Bottom