73' CB350F | Starting issues and Acceleration issues (bike is sluggish now)

buzzi785

Hey there I hope everyone is having a nice Halloween weekend

So about a week ago my bike began having issues when kick starting it. Here's the weird thing about it...the issue would only happen after I shut it down momentarily. Now the trick to starting it up again would involve me pushing the electrical start, giving it throttle, and choking it a bit until it hits the sweet spot - then we're back on the road.

Again this issue never happens the next morning on my way to work. Only if I shut it momentarily and start it back up.

Last night I'm riding and approach a tee light , stop and then go to shift but the bike now feels sluggish. It couldn't even get out of 1 gear. Here I am flooring it and it finally gets to 3k rpm, I shift to 2nd - again I'm flooring this thing and the bike has no strength, hit 3k shift to 3rd....so on and forth I turned around and called it a night.

First time running into this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check Gas cap vent.
Check Cam chain tension.
Check fuel filter an petcock.

Where I'd start.

Could possibly be battery related. If you're not pulling enough current bike can act weird. Rev'ing it could give that charging boost needed to accelerate. Had a similar problem in the past. With same start issues, bike eventually deteriorated into the same running issue you described because I didn't address it and battery went critically low.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom