2 cylinders not firing

rappz7

Gotta 79 honda cb650 that i cant seem to get working right. I wired the bike up and got it running but cylinders 1 and 3 don't appear to be firing. I say this because after running the bike these pipes are cool enough the touch where as the others are very hot. I checked and was getting spark in the mentioned cylinders but no ignition. I have compression in the cylinders, however I haven't done an actual reading with a gauge. I'm thinking maybe fuel delivery? Could the carbs be mucked up? The plugs of the cylinders in question upon inspection appeared wet, which is why im confused. There appears to be fuel getting in there. Any thoughts on the subject? Any and all input is greatly appreciated

Sounds like you have your plug wires swapped around, 1 and 4 should be on one coil and 2 and 3 on the other.

Excuse me I misspoke. It's actually pipes 2 and 4 that are cold while 1 and 3 get up to temp. And yes I did check the wires to make sure they were in the correct order, 1&4 on the left 2&3 on the right.

The simplest thing to do is swap your spark plugs around from 2 and 4 to 1 and 3 and see if the problem follows the plugs or stays in the same cylinders.

Back
Top Bottom