Another KZ400???

StopBreakingDown said:
thanks man, should be a fun little bike when its done and im excited to ride with you dudes this summer!

What cha doing? working? if not, you should swing by... yes, right now. haha

hah ya im workin, i just cruise dtt when i get bored/slow. I do need some input on my frame though if you'd wanna look at it and maybe give me some insight?

Sure! I've got a family night going on tonight. but am usually free any time. If you bring it here for me to look @, we may be able to perform what ever welding you are looking to do on the spot. Depending of course on how elaborate your wanting to get. Did I PM you my #? if so, shoot me a txt or drop me a line so we dont have to rely on catching each other on line to set this up.

I was wondering where your build thread was! I spend too much time in the "Cafe" section apparently.

It's lookin good man! I am starting to wish I had taken my bike all the way down to the frame like you did so I could have chopped off my seat mounting tabs. I am starting to dislike my seat and tail section more and more. Grr

thanks man, its slowly comin together. Hopefully the frame will be ready for powdercoat/paint next week but we'll see, dont have too much time to work on it this week.

had my uncle bend me up a rear loop, so just gotta weld it on then the frame can go to powdercoat monday!

5409861850_056d00b318_z.jpg

not much of an update, started to do some polishing...

IMAG0075.jpg

My friend brought in his project last week. Its a 70' CL350 that he picked up for $150. I'm gettin kinda anxious, we have 2 bikes that are completely torn apart and its been like 60 degrees here. I just wanna hurry up and get mine done so I can ride...

IMAG0071.jpg

StopBreakingDown said:
not much of an update, started to do some polishing...

IMAG0075.jpg

My friend brought in his project last week. Its a 70' CL350 that he picked up for $150. I'm gettin kinda anxious, we have 2 bikes that are completely torn apart and its been like 60 degrees here. I just wanna hurry up and get mine done so I can ride...

IMAG0071.jpg

I felt the same. Even though I hate this sucky weather, I am kinda glad it is cold again so I am not so anxious to get my bike on the road.

Really stoked to see how your bike turns out. Will be fun to get some Boise DTT rides going and hang out at Grahams this spring/summer.

Rossicle said:
Gonna be a fun bike! What's up with all the KZs?!! Haha.

Not sure either...when I got here it seemed like KZ's were the plague (which worried me because I own 3 at the moment...) Glad to see more of em, Easy motors to work on IMO

LOL...I feel that :) My KZ was one of the first to completion on this forum, but I always got a lot love ;)

Loving this so far man, really torn about moving to Firestones myself, they look so perfect, I just still enjoy tearing up the corners a bit too much for that... 8)

Well i finally have the internet back, i hate moving! Not too many updates tyler, i'll snap some pics of the bike tomorrow and post em up

Kz's, historically, were regarded by 2 stroke enthusiasts as the plague as Kawasaki was phasing out the (now loved anyway) triple 2 strokes. When the KZ400 replaced the H1 500 in sales, many were disappointed at the "plodder" that replaced the fire-breather in popularity. Either way, your bike is waaay more affordable to cafe-out

Back
Top Bottom