Ridding jacket for a Small dude!

Dingo

peace and grease
I'm looking for a new ridding jacket, with decent protection. But thing is, I'm really on the small side like tom cruise short. So buying a jacket is a real PITA, non of them fit! I've even considered something custom, but that's just to expensive.

I looked up the sizing on some brands and seem closer to a youth size than to an adult size.

Anybody got pointers on a specific brand or what to look for?

How short? I'm 5'9" 145lbs and I bought a Vulcan jacket in med.. It's fairly short but fits nice. If you wear a small I'm sure it would be a good jacket to check out, has all the padding and what not. I think they have xs too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm about 5´6 and around 130 lbs. I'm looking for something not so flashy, doesn´t matter if it's new or vintage, but i do want some protection.

Maybe an older jacket with a spine protector underneath or something like that.

Well, here's what I have

My black/red jacket or black/blue jacket would fit you perfectly.
I'm 5'7 145pounds and it fits great

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=42561.0

Yea I hear ya, mine is just black leather.. I don't do flashy either. Check out jamminleather.com they have a couple leather jackets that are nice. They don't have protection though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ha! I am 5'6" and I wear a 40 suit jacket. I know your pain. Most of the ICON stuff I tried was ridiculously big on me. I had good luck from one of theCycle Gear house brands.

5' 5" and 130 here and I haven't even looked at getting new stuff, I lucked out and got my dad's old leather, feels like they used a whole cow to make the thing it's so thick. I also scored a similar one from a local thrift store for only $50 that I feel more comfortable wearing out. On a 70's bike it just feels odd without a real leather jacket.

Dingo said:
I'm about 5´6 and around 130 lbs. I'm looking for something not so flashy, doesn´t matter if it's new or vintage, but i do want some protection.

Maybe an older jacket with a spine protector underneath or something like that.

I'm your height and only about 5-10 lbs. heavier, so I understand your problems. Go vintage. If you haven't hit ebay yet, do it. People were generally smaller in decades past, so you might have some luck. I scored a 60's-ish Belstaff Trialmaster on ebay for a song that fits perfectly, and just yesterday I found an old Schott Café jacket at some random "retro" store. The guy at the counter said it had been sitting there for ages since it didn't really fit anyone who was interested in it. Be patient and you'll find something.

Back
Top Bottom