Venduro DT360 build

How to stuff ten lbs of sh!t into a five lb bag, well it looks something like this , I changed all the stock connectors to smaller ones I got in the kit, damn good thing as I need all the room I can get in here, the handlebar switch wires are not in there yet and the ignition switch wires are not in there either .

I thought the coil wires were going to be too short so I added new connectors to them, turns out they are too long so I cut off the wires with the connectors attached and put those wires on the coil.

Wires attached to the coil

A pic of the coil located but not attached, I need to make a bracket to do that next. I am going to tuck that coil back as far as I can get it.

Yes I did receive all the pieces in the picture, I paid more what the EBAY kit cost recently for 10 bullet connectors, ten female bullets, ten bullet covers , ten female bullet covers and ten eyelets from Mossy creek cycle. The Ebay kit is fairly short on the items I purchased from Mossy creek.

I have a website where I have collected a lot of links for wiring, composites , upholstery materials and many other various things that I use in my business, it saves me a lot of internet searching, I have the set site up so you can view the links database without signing up, feel free to use it and look around.Click on the link below then click forum home at the top of the page and the links database is the second listing under Watercraft and Fourwheelers only at the top of the page.

www.bamafreeride.com

Thanks I worked pretty hard on that site. Most of the stuff is watercraft related but the composites , wiring, hardware, metals etc applies to motorcycles as well.

Alas I cannot say I miss the place lol, besides who is to say I am not still a member there muahhhhhhhaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa ! I take a peek over there every once in while,looks pretty much like a trainwreck to me, I seriously remember Darrin saying everything would be great once he banned just one more member, ban all the moderators and it would probably be a nice place !

Mikesee? It is a bit of a mess. Not many new guys anymore. Everyone rides 20-30 thousand dollar pro built skis and a Superjet is junk now. I basically just stay so I can part stuff out and watch new videos that come out.

wfo speedracer said:
How to stuff ten lbs of sh!t into a five lb bag, well it looks something like this , I changed all the stock connectors to smaller ones I got in the kit, damn good thing as I need all the room I can get in here, the handlebar switch wires are not in there yet and the ignition switch wires are not in there either .

I thought the coil wires were going to be too short so I added new connectors to them, turns out they are too long so I cut off the wires with the connectors attached and put those wires on the coil.

Wires attached to the coil

A pic of the coil located but not attached, I need to make a bracket to do that next. I am going to tuck that coil back as far as I can get it.

That looks like a twin fire coil. You might want to double check.

It's a single fire, Dual fire coils only have two posts, single fire coils have three.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281414751959?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Got the Left handler bar switch and I have it wired up, these switches have Aluminum cases and seem pretty nice. I also received the reflector LED's I am using for turn signals yesterday.

I am still waiting on the right control switch to come in, The ignition switch was mounted on the Left side of the upper engine bracket , so two more wires have disappeared from the headlight shell.

I will put up some pics next week, for now a links to the reflector LED's and the handler bar switches will have to suffice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121422936869?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201116957296?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300768772504?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161311846053?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I will go back and pretty up the welds later with the tig, that is when I learn how to tig lol

At any rate I mounted the fender and cut the taillight apart , sectioned it and re-installed it, taillight is shown with the new reflector LEDs mounted up.

I just have sections of tubing stuck inside the subframe to get the fender placement correct, I need to figure out the angle of the rear hoop and have one made up, I traded a guy a Yamaha Waverunner lll for three Honda 200Atv's about a month ago, inside his shop there was a pristine DT400, I am going to take the seat hoop angle off of that.

looknig good, but the rear fender is quite a bit too far back,it should be set up to fit the wheel/tire,evenly on full suspension travel

Negative, I thought that as well the but after doing some research I found that DT's were set up the same way I have mine, they do not follow the natural curve of the rear tire, also the fender will hit the swingarm if moved up any farther, it has already been cut off twice, where I have it now is the best balance I could get out of it.

yours is quite a bit further back
they are set to follow the rear tire that is how all oem's do it

yours dont look right too far back get it right now

attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom