Doing a rain dance

Always thinking bout ya all, my heart goes out to all those helping & fighting those fires but you gotta take care of yourself too Hon keep going sure it will be a positive end to a bad time .

Today makes 42 consecutive days with no rain, record was 33 days in 1963. Possible rain in the forecast for Wed. Extremely windy all day today.

Re: Doing a rain dance-- Happy update

The fire is mostly contained at this point. Many of the firefighters have gone home now, but are being redeployed to a neighboring fire.
Yesterday we did Thanksgiving dinner at the fire dept fo the remaining guys (about 400). 30 smoked turkeys. Just sayin.

The news reported:
"Local families and churches donated the rest of the meal: 75 lbs. of ham, 5 gallons of green beans, more than 60 lbs. of mashed potatoes, and more desserts than volunteers could count."

Here is the link if you wish to read:
http://wlos.com/news/local/firefighters-enjoy-thanksgiving-away-from-home

I am feeling much better, but still sick. Stuff is in my chest now and I can't shake it.

I owe a huge thanks to Mr. E. We wouldn't have had Thanksgiving dinner at home if it wasn't for him. He held down the fort and did the majority of the cleaning and cooking while I was away. Biiiiig thank you and abundant appreciation for you, E!

It's finally coming. We are expecting a huge rain storm coming in the next few hours, preceded by 25-50mph winds before we get 2"-4" of rain over night. Been since Oct.7th since we've seen any rain at all.

o1marc said:
It's finally coming. We are expecting a huge rain storm coming in the next few hours, preceded by 25-50mph winds before we get 2"-4" of rain over night. Been since Oct.7th since we've seen any rain at all.
It is raining here too, and I am thankful. But my heart is broken as I am now watching Gatlinburg burn to the ground. I'm devastated. I've never felt so helpless.

Rolled in around 11pm last night and rained the whole night. Sun is back out today. Gatlinburg did get hit hard. Good thing the rain came in and helped that with more rain there tonight.

I can't believe how big this fire ended up getting. I almost moved to Asheville last year, such a beautiful part of the country and a shame to see this happen. To watch Gatlinburg burn is terribly sad.

As a firefighter I want to say thank you for taking care of my brothers and sisters. A hot meal is so appreciated after working like that, let alone thanksgiving dinner. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Doing a rain dance-- Happy update

haircuttergirl said:
The fire is mostly contained at this point. Many of the firefighters have gone home now, but are being redeployed to a neighboring fire.
Yesterday we did Thanksgiving dinner at the fire dept fo the remaining guys (about 400). 30 smoked turkeys. Just sayin.

The news reported:
"Local families and churches donated the rest of the meal: 75 lbs. of ham, 5 gallons of green beans, more than 60 lbs. of mashed potatoes, and more desserts than volunteers could count."

Here is the link if you wish to read:
http://wlos.com/news/local/firefighters-enjoy-thanksgiving-away-from-home

I am feeling much better, but still sick. Stuff is in my chest now and I can't shake it.

I owe a huge thanks to Mr. E. We wouldn't have had Thanksgiving dinner at home if it wasn't for him. He held down the fort and did the majority of the cleaning and cooking while I was away. Biiiiig thank you and abundant appreciation for you, E!

I am not no where near where the fire is at but as a Volunteer Fire Fighter I would like to thank you for what you are doing for my brothers and sisters . It takes a great person to drop everything to make sure those guys and girls are fed and comfortable when taking a brake . Thanks Jen there needs to be more people in this world like yourself .

o1marc said:
Rolled in around 11pm last night and rained the whole night. Sun is back out today. Gatlinburg did get hit hard. Good thing the rain came in and helped that with more rain there tonight.
I'm on location in TN now, thankful for rain in my area and this one!

runmikeyrun said:
I can't believe how big this fire ended up getting. I almost moved to Asheville last year, such a beautiful part of the country and a shame to see this happen. To watch Gatlinburg burn is terribly sad.

As a firefighter I want to say thank you for taking care of my brothers and sisters. A hot meal is so appreciated after working like that, let alone thanksgiving dinner. Thank you.
sasquach said:
I am not no where near where the fire is at but as a Volunteer Fire Fighter I would like to thank you for what you are doing for my brothers and sisters . It takes a great person to drop everything to make sure those guys and girls are fed and comfortable when taking a brake . Thanks Jen there needs to be more people in this world like yourself .
Thank you so much for the kind words. I just want to help :)

I'm on location in TN now, helping the Sevier County Rescue Squad with their donation efforts. They are providing Gatlinburg evacuees/displaced residents items they may need. (Personal hygiene products, diapers, pull-ups, wipes, baby bottles, sippy cups, pacifiers, baby feeding dishes and spoons, blankets & pillows, water, Gatorade, pet supplies, basic food/snack items, basic medicines, etc)

If anyone wishes to donate to them, you can do so here:
https://npo.justgive.org/scrstn

Happy thoughts and prayers always welcome! :)

Back
Top Bottom