Candy red flake Sporty Tins

No way! that is prob a 130 front tire, 16" most sport bikes run 120/16 or 17. That is just a bit bigger. Hell even at 140 that thing would have such a nice footprint and would handle AWESOME! now if he was 180 or somehting like that up front he would get roll and possible flop, but no way on a 130 or even 140 that thing woudl handle like it is glued to the ground, if anything that would be a improvement to the handling

JRK5892 said:
No way! that is prob a 130 front tire, 16" most sport bikes run 120/16 or 17. That is just a bit bigger. Hell even at 140 that thing would have such a nice footprint and would handle AWESOME! now if he was 180 or somehting like that up front he would get roll and possible flop, but no way on a 130 or even 140 that thing woudl handle like it is glued to the ground, if anything that would be a improvement to the handling
Really? How come you don't see any tires that size on real race bikes? That tire is only good for going in a straight line. That solid heavy front wheel is no improvement to handling either, they weigh a ton.
While the bike may be cosmetically appealing to some it is not a performance bike in handling characteristics.

every single sport bike runs a 120/17 or 16, this is just a 130, to say it is going to handle like shit and have to take slow ass turns is bullshit, hell i run a 120/21 and can rip turns, i have built several 140/21 bikes as well that have no issues plowing though turns at high speeds. Furthermore i will add that Ultras, St glides, road glides... all run 130/80B17 (well the newer ones do, the older ones ran 16") if anythign this will help the bike feel more planted on the road and offer more control on uneven surfaces such as filled road sections. most "race bikes" run 120/60/17 up front and 180/55/17 in back, granted this is not a race bike this guy is building but it is pretty fucking close to race bike tire sizes. to say it will not improve handling is bullshit, it flat out will next to the stock 90/21 that the bike comes with. I will also close that i have several customers that run buell track bikes, they all run a 130/70/17 on their track bikes as they did not like the stock 120 set ups, it is very common to see this on the front of a race bike depending on what class they are running.

JRK5892 said:
every single sport bike runs a 120/17 or 16, this is just a 130, to say it is going to handle like shit and have to take slow ass turns is bullshit, hell i run a 120/21 and can rip turns, i have built several 140/21 bikes as well that have no issues plowing though turns at high speeds. Furthermore i will add that Ultras, St glides, road glides... all run 130/80B17 (well the newer ones do, the older ones ran 16") if anythign this will help the bike feel more planted on the road and offer more control on uneven surfaces such as filled road sections. most "race bikes" run 120/60/17 up front and 180/55/17 in back, granted this is not a race bike this guy is building but it is pretty fucking close to race bike tire sizes. to say it will not improve handling is bullshit, it flat out will next to the stock 90/21 that the bike comes with. I will also close that i have several customers that run buell track bikes, they all run a 130/70/17 on their track bikes as they did not like the stock 120 set ups, it is very common to see this on the front of a race bike depending on what class they are running.

We are in Central Illinois.... Straight Line bikes are a good thing here anyway... Hell, I have to take exit ramps to find a curve around here or drive an hour and a half north or south. :)

The bike is not a race bike, but the bike's owner is no stranger to sport bikes and he loves the way it handles. He's got a more proper exhaust on it now and can hit a turn without scraping... With forward controls thought you are going to only hit turns so hard...

JRK knows the Illinois riding situation... Sad ain't it....

This bike took first in show for Custom Bobber Class at Motoblot Chicago 2015.

Where did the pics go?
Why are we even talking about tires and handling when this bike is a hardtail and shouldn't be compared with bikes with actually suspension that works.
Does have nice paint though.
Tell me more about the Triumph.

LazloH said:
plenty of people out there with dynos to prove 110-120 with the 1250 big bore kit and work.

I think they run head gaskets too.
Can you show me 1 1250 making 120hp?

LazloH said:
Man.. you could have asked back in August 2014 when I posted that comment... Is your motor done yet?
Done,Yes. I'm taking it to the engine assembler Wed. or Thurs. to fire it up. Baby steps.

all jokes aside... I would love to see it (and hear it...) so take some pictures and video. Hope it works out for you.

LazloH said:
all jokes aside... I would love to see it (and hear it...) so take some pictures and video. Hope it works out for you.

Me too buddy. It's more important and ironic that it may happen now because it was something my brother followed and knew what I had was special. It's sad he won't get to hear it run. I have only one project I haven't completed. He left 17 that never got started. I have to make it make noise before my dad goes, he's been fighting me to sell it for 35 years. All the reasons I couldn't sell it during those decades are still valid.
But God Damn it I want to ride the damn thing.

FYI... I know this thread is a little old... But... This bike just took 4th In Modified Harley Class at the Progressive International Motorcycle Chicago last weekend. Not bad for a garage built bike... most of the competition was big shop CRAZY baggers and stuff. A bit of pride that I got to paint it. (It also took 1st in bobber class last year at MotoBlot in Chicago)

11258063_451067601744460_8710784547732815466_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom