Honda CB250rs Rearsets

eglintonw

I've just recently purchased a pair of universal gloss black rear sets from ebay. They look absolutely wicked and I'm extremely glad with the purchase. Unfortunately I have no idea where I should mount them or even how I should mount them? Please add any advice or tips. Anything and everything is appreciated :)

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,077
  • IMG_0778_2.JPG
    IMG_0778_2.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 528
  • IMG_0767_2.jpg
    IMG_0767_2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 463
  • IMG_0775_2.jpg
    IMG_0775_2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 450
Somewhere on the existing footpeg hangers is going to be your best bet. The pillion peg holes might do if you're tall (although may interfere with the exhaust). Otherwise, I'd drill a new location somewhere along the hanger which is comfortable and allows the rearset-pedal to be depressed freely without connecting with your pipe.

Important thing to note is you'll want to keep the existing actuator for your rear brake. Don't run a linkage directly from your rearset to the drum brake. The geometry has to be very precise so that modulation of the shocks doesn't affect your brake. Instead you'll want to cut your existing brake pedal off leaving a few inches of tubing so you can run a linkage between that and your rearset. Take a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCWxxhFYe9Y.

Only problem is that the footpegs must be either foldable or moved in order for the kickstarter to swing through? Any ideas?

Buy a set with folding pegs. Or, try to heat and bend your kick start lever.

eglintonw said:
I've just recently purchased a pair of universal gloss black rear sets from ebay. They look absolutely wicked and I'm extremely glad with the purchase. Unfortunately I have no idea where I should mount them or even how I should mount them? Please add any advice or tips. Anything and everything is appreciated :)
how can I find these I've been looking for cheap eBay ones that have rubber

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom