Coming in the next week- BOLT-ON CB400F, RD250, RD350, RD400, and DS7 Rearsets

J-Rod10

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
These will come with everything to bolt and go. Rearsets, mounting plates, linkage, shift and brake shaft lugs, stainless hardware to lace them up.

Kits will be with these controls.

Screenshot_2015-12-19-06-56-08-1_zpse0iyxbqt.png

Fixed pegs kits will be $350 + the ride. Folding will be $400 + the ride.

Hello, I would like to see the mounting brackets/plates for RD400. Where can I see those?

Planning on machining some brackets tomorrow or Monday. Have everything sorted, kick start clears, etc. Just need to mill a finished bracket.

Gill,

Crude mock up of the bracket. This is the brake side. It will eliminate the stock bracket with the passenger pegs that most of these sets use. Those sets have the rearset pegs an inch or so from the passenger pegs. It will allow you to use the stock brake rod, light switch, and return spring.

I'm grinding on a die right now, but am going to stay up here late tonight to try to get a finished set of brackets done.

And most importantly, the stock kick starter will clear with no modifications.

20160103_110344_zpszukhe7ou.jpg

J-Rod10 said:
Gill,

Crude mock up of the bracket. This is the brake side. It will eliminate the stock bracket with the passenger pegs that most of these sets use. Those sets have the rearset pegs an inch or so from the passenger pegs. It will allow you to use the stock brake rod, light switch, and return spring.

I'm grinding on a die right now, but am going to stay up here late tonight to try to get a finished set of brackets done.

And most importantly, the stock kick starter will clear with no modifications.

20160103_110344_zpszukhe7ou.jpg
Thanks for update and follow up. I have bought your universal sets, will be keen on adapter brackets. let us see how it turns out.

Waiting on some aluminum to come in. Started running controls on the mill this morning.

Taking a bit longer than planned, have had some prototypes to get done for a nuclear plant. Those guys send you a purchase order, and want it last week.

Gill,

I've scrapped the design I had for the brake side. I'm going to run a cable brake on them. Waiting on some cables to come in so I can get the brake stay rod made with the cable stays.

I made one with the cable stay on a separate bolt-on part. The cable ends are silver soldered on to the cable - very strong, the cable will part before the soldered connection, but time intensive for making them for sale at a reasonable price. Are you thinking of placing your cable stay on the brake stay arm? That would probably be simpler but I couldn't determine a cable routing I liked. Looking at it now it seems like it would be pretty easy to simply have added it to the brake stay. Easiest would be to weld a boss on the brake backing plate, but hard to sell it not being a bolt on scheme.

Attachments

• IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 398
I'm going to sell them as a bolt on kit. The cable stays will be on the brake stay arm. A billet arm will be included with the kit, along with the cable.

It may be a bit pricey, but they will be top notch quality.

Back
Top Bottom