CB360 Project: Lucky 7even! (still adding) SS brake lines June 17/11

cafePete

Coast to Coast
DTT BOTM WINNER
Just wanted to share a few pics of my 75 CB360, mocked up the way I would like this project to go.
Time to strip it down and start the cleaning polishing and painting stage.
Also like to say that I got great inspiration from this site, alot of great builds and info here.
Thanks ;D

aug275.jpg

aug273.jpg

aug272.jpg

:-\ :-\

Re: CB360 mock up! Now the real work starts.

I really like the rear (inner) fender. I can't recall seeing that before. I what you have going. Hope it all goes well for you.

Later,

Ryan

Pretty cool!

However, I think it'd look cleaner if you got the seat and tank to line up. Also if you lower the headlight a little, that'd give it a better look. I don't really like high headlights though so it could just be me.

+1 on everthing that has been said. I'll add that bike is in great shape and that rear fender rocks! I'm not sure why more don't go with it like that but the fender mounted down on the swingarm close to the tire like that is the way to go! Bike is looking good. Please tell me you are going to keep that tank as is??? If not let me know and I'll get you one that you can paint and buy that one from you. Keep up the good work.
Troy

Where'd all the 360's come from all of a sudden? Looking good! Might have to steal your fender mod! ::)

Thanks for the tips guys! and the compliments on the rear fender, diesel450 steal away!
goodfronothing, your right the seat needs to be trimed and a proper mount needs to be made.it's sitting way to high.
Troy I'll keep you posted on the tank, but plan are to keep the tank it as is, also good stuff on the new project, really enjoying the build.
Peter

Hey Im in Peterborough, doing up a cb175. Just picked it up last night. Pretty stoked. Your bike is gorgeous. MINT. Keep up the good work. Keep up with the photos.

Chad

Mach-5(50) said:
I really like the rear (inner) fender. I can't recall seeing that before. I what you have going. Hope it all goes well for you.

Later,

Ryan

ya I really like this too. Im still split on whether I want to do something similar on my bike or just run without a fender. I guess Ill see if I can fab something decent looking out of the dingy old fender that came on the bike. But either way it looks damn good on your bike.

Thanks guys, glad to see the rear fender is a hit! I'll keep the pics coming.

So I took the advise of the headlight and drop it some more,looks much better thanks. also had the old mufflers laying around, so I thought I
try to incorporate them in to the build. what do you guys think?

aug282.jpg

aug281.jpg

aug283.jpg

nice, the mufflers look really cool I think. Not sure if youll have issues with the headers being so short though.

boomshakalaka said:
nice, the mufflers look really cool I think. Not sure if youll have issues with the headers being so short though.

Thanks boomshakalaka.
Heres some photoshop ideas.
aug28b.jpg

pstest2.jpg

aug30.jpg

Im not %100 for the mufflers. Though on the one side shot B&W they look rad. Are they hard to wrap your leg around? Its thinking different which is good, but I really like the slender look of the riser pipes. My 3 cents.

Whered you find the bike? That frame is awesome. I love the "exoskeleton" look compared to the CBs fat downtube behind the motor.

Are the 350/360 bikes much bigger then the 175s? 18 wheels?

Keep up the radness

Curbcast said:
Im not %100 for the mufflers. Though on the one side shot B&W they look rad. Are they hard to wrap your leg around? Its thinking different which is good, but I really like the slender look of the riser pipes. My 3 cents.

Whered you find the bike? That frame is awesome. I love the "exoskeleton" look compared to the CBs fat downtube behind the motor.

Are the 350/360 bikes much bigger then the 175s? 18 wheels?

Keep up the radness

Thanks for the input Curdcast, yes, easy to get the leg around, I found the bike in the Hamilton area. I not sure of how much bigger, but it looks wider.
Also you build is coming along very nice. ;D

Great looking bike! I really like the exhaust set up. I run an inner fender on my 450. I found a place locally that had a pile of 70s era plastic dirtbike fenders. I just cut one of them to fit from the cross brace on the rear frame to just above the swingarm. Keeps with the fenderless look, and helps keep the backside of the engine and carbs cleaner. The black plastic "hides" better, but I really like the look of the chrome on yours.

jonescafe72 said:
Great looking bike! I really like the exhaust set up. I run an inner fender on my 450. I found a place locally that had a pile of 70s era plastic dirtbike fenders. I just cut one of them to fit from the cross brace on the rear frame to just above the swingarm. Keeps with the fenderless look, and helps keep the backside of the engine and carbs cleaner. The black plastic "hides" better, but I really like the look of the chrome on yours.
Thanks jonescafe72, I was never really into chrome(exhaust and fenders) but it suits the bike,and it's growing on me. Also looked at your bike very nice! What are you
using on the seat? is it just padding?

So started working on a bracket and brake light, but have a hard time deciding where to mount it.
Heres a few pics where would you mount it. also the orange lens will be changed to red.
Thanks

plate1.jpg

plate22.jpg

plate4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom