1976 GMC Motorhome

Thanks dudes, felt good to do some actual woodworking for a change!

That's rad. Gives me ideas for the spare crusty steering wheel I just picked up for the bus...

Did you hand form the profile wheel?

Edit: D'oh I missed the photo of the router table. Even better!

advCo said:
That's rad. Gives me ideas for the spare crusty steering wheel I just picked up for the bus...

Did you hand form the profile wheel?

Edit: D'oh I missed the photo of the router table. Even better!

Yep just sized it to fit up with a roundover bit I had. 1.5". 3/4" roundover on all 4 sides makes it round!
If I were to do it again I think I'd go with a 5.8" roundover bit and make the wheel 1.25 diameter but it feels good as is.

SONIC. said:
Yep just sized it to fit up with a roundover bit I had. 1.5". 3/4" roundover on all 4 sides makes it round!
If I were to do it again I think I'd go with a 5.8" roundover bit and make the wheel 1.25 diameter but it feels good as is.

Sweet, I have some roundover bits in my stash. I was brainstorming earlier about how to make the finger recesses on the back for mucho grip. Have to come up with some kind of jig.

I can add this to my list of fun extras, like the lathe turned shifter knob with a VW inlay 8)

I thought about adding them, but I always find them in the wrong spot no matter how I grip the wheel, so I just went without.

Back
Top Bottom