Tire Recomendation?

Thanks Maritime.

He's correct - while "technically" they are too big, you'll have a heck of a time finding perfect fitting tires. The best thing to do is lace up a wider wheel up front, but those sizes I gave are the absolute largest you should put on stock hoops.

If you do decide to lace up wider wheels, you'll find plenty of help for that here as well.

Big Rich said:
If you do decide to lace up wider wheels, you'll find plenty of help for that here as well.
Thanks y'all.
I'm sure I will eventually lace up wider wheels, but right now I really just want to be able to get back on my bike and stop spending money for a bit. :D

Oh, and one other thing, not related to tires. Do any of you know much about making an adapter to get a different brake rotor on my CB360 wheel?

Rotor or caliper? I don't know of any, but search around for CrazyPJ's build threads. He does some wild stuff to his 360's.

Don't go bigger than 90/90 front or 110/90 rear on stock rims, no matter what Maritime says (Hi, M ;) )
They are too big for rims but work OK and won't kill you.
Fit rear rim to front wheel and get a wider rim for rear (that way your only buying one rim but building both wheels)
Waste of time fitting a bigger rotor to stock wheel unless your changing forks.
Caliper mounting is too low to allow anything larger diameter.

crazypj said:
Don't go bigger than 90/90 front or 110/90 rear on stock rims, no matter what Maritime says (Hi, M ;) )
They are too big for rims but work OK and won't kill you.
Fit rear rim to front wheel and get a wider rim for rear (that way your only buying one rim but building both wheels)
Waste of time fitting a bigger rotor to stock wheel unless your changing forks.
Caliper mounting is too low to allow anything larger diameter.

I got 90/90 for the front and 100/90 for the rear.
The reason I'm fitting a bigger rotor is because I put different forks on. I wasn't sure what the metal I should use to make the adapter.

You picked a good tire for the price. I just put a set on my SL350 which I have 2.15 x 18 front and rear rims on. I bought mine from a seller on Amazon. Check Amazon with the part number and it will bring up the best price. You can use a tire for a 2.15 on a 1.85 rim with no problem. Click my sig to see the tires mounted on the SL.

Forgot to say I'm running a 130/80-18 rear and 110/80-18 front BT45V's.

6061 is actually stronger than you need, tougher than the hub material.
Either make a spacer and use longer bolts or Helicoil hub, bolt adapter to it then bolt rotor to adapter (I would bolt through at least one hub hole)
cyclhed, 130 is too big for a 2.15rim, should be on a 2.50 (WM4)
you also got it backwards about tyres for a 2.15 fitting a 1.85, max size for 2.15 is too big for a 1.85 rim but max size for a 1.85 fits a 2.15 great

crazypj said:
6061 is actually stronger than you need, tougher than the hub material.
Either make a spacer and use longer bolts or Helicoil hub, bolt adapter to it then bolt rotor to adapter (I would bolt through at least one hub hole)
cyclhed, 130 is too big for a 2.15rim, should be on a 2.50 (WM4)
you also got it backwards about tyres for a 2.15 fitting a 1.85, max size for 2.15 is too big for a 1.85 rim but max size for a 1.85 fits a 2.15 great

I can read the tire/rim size charts for the recommended sizes, however I have been running 130 tires on 2.15 rims for years with absolutely no issues. It can be done and works fine as long you have frame and chain clearance. 130 is the max though. Also you can mount a 110 on a 1.85 wheel with no problem. Do you want you bike to look stock with little skinny tires on it or do you want it to look cool and handle better with a bigger tire??? It's up to you.

Maritime said:
I checked a couple of tire sites, like Avon and they all say the 90/90 18 will fit the 360 rim. It is only 4.6 mm wider than the 3.00 18 OE tire so I would say you are ok. I wouldn't go wider and I don't think you will find very many narrower options these days. You could relace a 1.85 to the front but I think you will be fine.

Maritime

Hey PJ, I did say not to go wider than the 90-90 on front ;D I know there was a lot of gibberish in between though.

Swivel said:
Quote:"Do you want you bike to look stock with little skinny tires on it or do you want it to look cool and handle better with a bigger tire??? It's up to you."

130's don't handle better on skinny rims.Style has nothing to do with what tires to fit unless you are a fashion victim more concerned how you bike looks parked than how it feels when riding it.I often fit the next size down from stock and get tires that heat up quicker,steer far easier and more precisely and accelerate faster.Riding faster easier is as cool as it gets.

A 130/80 tire on a 2.15 inch wheel give you more contact patch and will handle better than a smaller tire. You can go up a size in tire size without any negative consequences and it will look better too is what I'm saying. And style does have something to do with what tires you fit in my opinion. If you can have more rubber on the ground and have you bike not look like a moped then why not? I've been putting 130/80 tires on 2.15 inch rear wheels for a few years now and you honestly can't tell the difference. And I do ride the shit out my bikes. Dogs and cats are not going to start sleeping together just because you fit a 10mm wider tire on you bike.

A 130 will NOT give a bigger contact patch on too small a rim.
2.15 is too small a rim for that tyre. (needs a 2.50 rim)
The beads get 'pinched in' and aspect ratio changes so you get a smaller contact patch when upright.
It works if your racing as there will be more rubber on the road when leaned over, but, you have to run at higher pressures to prevent sidewall flexing
That leads to excessive tyre wear (around 12~1500 miles before center is below legal limit)
Just because you've done it and haven't fallen off doesn't mean it's right or safe, maybe you don't ride as hard as you think you do?

crazypj said:

What do you mean by bolt through at least one up hole? As opposed to bolting through all four? This may be a stupid question from me just reading it wrong or something, but since it is the brakes I'd rather ask a stupid question then have something on my brakes go wrong while I'm goin down the highway

If your using 4 bolt hub, you may not find a larger diameter rotor to be a direct fit.
Usually you can get 2 to line up but I've seen 5 bolt rotors fitted to CB350 hubs that I wouldn't feel safe with
How I would (have) done it, one long bolt goes all the way through like stock but the hub isn't solid so I feel it's better to drill hub and helicoil it for the other bolts, that way your not trying to crush a hollow section

cyclhed said:
A 130/80 tire on a 2.15 inch wheel give you more contact patch and will handle better than a smaller tire. You can go up a size in tire size without any negative consequences and it will look better too is what I'm saying. And style does have something to do with what tires you fit in my opinion. If you can have more rubber on the ground and have you bike not look like a moped then why not? I've been putting 130/80 tires on 2.15 inch rear wheels for a few years now and you honestly can't tell the difference. And I do ride the shit out my bikes. Dogs and cats are not going to start sleeping together just because you fit a 10mm wider tire on you bike.

Sorry dude, but that's just plain wrong. A wide tire on a skinny rim gets pinched in and much of the tread is "on the side" where it will never be used. Why would anyone waste a 130 V rated BT45 on any 350 Honda? H rated are good to 130 MPH and V are rated up to 149. AFAIK, tread compounds are the same on V and H rated BT45. There are some sizes in the V range not available in the H range admittedly.

You get more contact area with the right sized tires.

We have a TZ350 with narrower tires than your street bike and I'm willing to bet it corners better because the tires match rim widths. I'm not going to claim that I go around corners faster than many other people though.......

Back
Top Bottom