Forks for cb350?

56_oval

Hope i'm in the right section, if not feel free to move this thread.

I need to replace the fork tubes on my '68 cb350. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any out on the market. I see that some people use other forks, replacing the 350 forks altogether, but I don't know which forks they are using. The only thing I found was a guy said to use xl250/350 forks for racing. I'm wanting to used a drum brake and don't want the caliper bracket on the new set.

What do you guys use?

Bert Jan said:
http://scandalon.com/2009/06/motorcycle-fork-diameter-chart/

you're welcome ;)

furhtermore it depends on your skills. I have made a YZF750 exup USD fork with bluespots work in a CB550, but it required a lot of machining. There's no such thing as a straight swap 99% of the time. You probably end up needing new bearings and some small parts made by a metalshop like spacers or sum.. Pick one wich has the right bearings for the frame is the most important if you end up replacing the whole fork...

Your 68 cb350 has tapered forks that bolt to the top triple tree, therefore you need forks from a 68 cb350, I don't know of any others that will fit.

However you can get forks an triples from any cl350, cb350 cl360 or cb360

http://www.ohiocaferacers.com/

Look at the "steering stem size" chart under Tech Tips. Those are triple trees that will be a direct swap to your bike. Length shouldn'tbe an issue as long as you stay withing the year/size range of your bike. Hondas are preferred, as they'll make mounting your wheel the easiest.

best in the business is forks by frank i deal with them on a regular basis and they always are perfect, they use quality tubing and grind all the hard chromed tubes in house(usa business since the 70's!).

Frank's Maintenance and Engineering, Inc.
945 Pitner Avenue
Evanston, IL 60202
For more information, please call the office at 847-475-1003

Thanks for the responses gents. I will most likely try that Frank guy. I do have the skills to machine my own parts, but I'm not looking to do a bunch of fabbing for this 350. I understand that I would need to use a different tree and match a new set of bearings, but once again, this project should be rather small and stock tubes would be better if they're affordable.

Back
Top Bottom