TATTOOs... Lets see what ya got!!..

Re: TATTOO's... Lets see what ya got!!..

tattoome-1.jpg

went and got meself an old skool rudeboy tattoo over an old 2 tone band which did have a barcode in it (from a bottle of cider...) thanks to Kristen for doing all the hard work, all i had to dowas lie there and not cry like a girl when the needle was bouncing off me ankle.

tat.jpg

The dragon/tribal was my first, the arm is a work in progress (needs details and some filling).

Not visible is a "traditional sailor"-style heart on my chest and the arm-piece continues down on the inside of my forearm.
The dragon is from my own drawings and the arm is based on one of my concept drawings.

biker_reject said:
How do you all go about choosing a good tattoo parlor???

Be smart, look hard. Look at portfolios and be observant. Not just is it filled with cool looking images, but how do those lines look, how smooth is shading, is the colorwork solid or is it patchy with odd spots. Once one of those looks good, talk to the dude, see if you guys are on the same page and can relate well.

take your time and find an artist that does the work that you are looking for (style) find someone that has work that you really like and ask him who they went to and then go speak to the artist... trust me i have a ton of tats and my 1/2 sleeve is trash... cause i let a buddy of a buddy go to town... now i have to find an AMAZING artist to fix this hack jobs work... also like in bikes and custom paint... you truely tend to get what you pay for! do your homework bud you will find someone out there... hell the guy i use now is one of my really good friends i have built him 2 bikes now and a mobile tat studio out of an RV complete with clean room!

Befor i got my arm done i did alot of reading and looking for the style i wanted . They all seemed to point out that yes ask for what you want and have a clear idea but DONT go to over board give the artist room to be a artist . To much of, it has to be this and that with this here and that there takes away for him being a artist and remember he or she do it every day and a good artist knows what looks good !!!

JRK5892 said:
take your time and find an artist that does the work that you are looking for (style) find someone that has work that you really like and ask him who they went to and then go speak to the artist... trust me i have a ton of tats and my 1/2 sleeve is trash... cause i let a buddy of a buddy go to town... now i have to find an AMAZING artist to fix this hack jobs work... also like in bikes and custom paint... you truely tend to get what you pay for! do your homework bud you will find someone out there... hell the guy i use now is one of my really good friends i have built him 2 bikes now and a mobile tat studio out of an RV complete with clean room!

true that... your gonna have to wear that tattoo for the rest of your life.. so a few weeks spent researching, looking and asking questions of tattooists is gonna be so worth it. i think nearly everyone who has tattoos has a horror story or a sketchy shitty tattoo.. and while I would never cover any of my tattoos, as i feel they are part of my story, if you get shit ink you will always be thinking.. if only i had waited for the right artist, right design...

choose someone who-s work you like, check the lines, check the shading, speak to the artist.. if you choose well he or she will be your tattooist for life...

i can highly recommend the 'get drunk and get a mate of a mate to do one in the back room of a bike shop' method, who needs sterilisation, who needs stencils...........he got the gear out of a cardboard box in the back of his car and off we went. drew the design on with a biro....just gets better don't it
if nothing else i got to see ALL the top layer of skin (from my neck to the soles of my feet) peel off my body bit by bit and unfortunately it didn't take the extremely crap tattoo with it, when it peeled off my hands and feet it went down to the flesh......... i've had some painful accident and injuries in my life but i reckon that skin peel beat the lot.
seriously, get as many recommendations, and as much information as you can, ask questions, when you've decided what you want....think about it some more.....
incidentally i've had another two tattoos over that first one and its still not right....going under the gun again soon, maybe fourth time lucky..........

TATTOO's... Lets see what ya got!!..

Just got indian on top right and touched up the one on left

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347931212.382018.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347931212.382018.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 258
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347931334.978703.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347931334.978703.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 1,007
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347931383.309753.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347931383.309753.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 1,005

I just some work done monday, and in choosing the artist, I went at a total different way.

Went to go talk to an artist named Sarah Savage, but as I walked in, another girl came and started chatting right away. I showed her the piece I wanted and she was super hyped on it and really wanted to do it. She seemed rad, I kinda quickly flipped through her portfolio, but more so just said fuck it, Sure!

I asked her to add a few things to my drawing, and gave her free reign to do what she wanted with it, as well as choose colors. The next day, she squeezed me in before an evening appointment, and did this. Artist is Magdalena Bienczyk (Mags) at Wolf/Sheep Art House. The picture was a few hours after.

I'm insanely stoked on it, I think she did an amazing job, and absolutely killed it. The experience was great as well, as the shop had a wicked atmosphere, and had some good chats.

My previous tattoos were choosen by studying portfolios, and picking the artist on skill over everything else, and the experience wasn't great. The tattoos were good, but nothing special.

So not everyone picks an artist on the same thing!

Attachments

• 267805_10150205673332102_1059593_n.JPG
    267805_10150205673332102_1059593_n.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 844
  • DSCN4440.JPG
    DSCN4440.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 817

spotty said:
i can highly recommend the 'get drunk and get a mate of a mate to do one in the back room of a bike shop' method, who needs sterilisation, who needs stencils...........he got the gear out of a cardboard box in the back of his car and off we went. drew the design on with a biro....just gets better don't it
if nothing else i got to see ALL the top layer of skin (from my neck to the soles of my feet) peel off my body bit by bit and unfortunately it didn't take the extremely crap tattoo with it, when it peeled off my hands and feet it went down to the flesh......... i've had some painful accident and injuries in my life but i reckon that skin peel beat the lot.
seriously, get as many recommendations, and as much information as you can, ask questions, when you've decided what you want....think about it some more.....
incidentally i've had another two tattoos over that first one and its still not right....going under the gun again soon, maybe fourth time lucky..........

mums needles an a bottle of quink.. sitting at the back of math class.. two crucifix on the back of the hand.. my best work.. :'(

TATTOO's... Lets see what ya got!!..

Just started new piece. Will get color on next days off. If ya dont know what it means google it please

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349053098.086796.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349053098.086796.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 281

Now that is a serious commitment!

Garage Rat said:
I'm confused.... Its suposed to be upside down?

I think it means he likes Harleys but just pissed at the company and the way its being run.

Yeah, I had to do like the man said and google it. FTF and all that. I can dig it.

rattpunk said:
Yeah, I had to do like the man said and google it. FTF and all that. I can dig it.

fuck the factory? sheesh.. how about just dont buy one? just sayin.

Old Kanji for Sebastian is my life (my son)

Attachments

• IMG_1417.jpg
    IMG_1417.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 224

newest addition, for the one year anniversary with the wife, thank you Mr. Fuller and your fine skills.

Attachments

• 57938_10151058050757927_304777782_n.jpg
    57938_10151058050757927_304777782_n.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 746

MILKY said:
fuck the factory? sheesh.. how about just dont buy one? just sayin.

I know! I can't even wrap my head around this. I just can't not say anything here. Sorry to offend, but that's idiocy, bro. No turning back now. Ha!

P.S. Thank God I ain't a biker! (Snicker)

Back
Top Bottom