Post a pic of your motorcycle as it sits

815683035fe1f4f5d9100e569234285f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using DO THE TON mobile app

Slow and steady winter seems to be ending

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.

Attachments

• 1488699847759.jpg
    1488699847759.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 189
Rear cowl in progress, need to update paint as well.

Attachments

• IMG_8844.JPG
    IMG_8844.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
those tanks look awesome, nice work. Thats something I have wanted to try for a while now.

doc_rot said:
those tanks look awesome, nice work. Thats something I have wanted to try for a while now.

Thank you. It's all about understanding what the metal has to do to take the shape.

F'ing problem child is living up to it's rep this spring. There are 6 bolts total to install a Termi slip on system. Simple. Long story short it took weeks to get the pipes to fit the bike. Once that was done, time to install a new chip in the ECU. Ten minutes, right? Wrong. Have to pull the ECU to do it, which resulted in finding a rattle that led to buying an NOS ECU. Once that was here, 15 minutes to install it, no problem! Got it in to find out fuel pump wouldn't run. Pull new ECU out, check if chip is installed correctly (it was) leading to troubleshooting which eventually showed the connector to the fuel pump was seeing the voltage it should see when it should see it, so must be the pump. Jumped power to the pump and it ran.

Fook me. Connector is good. WTF?

Same thing happened to my 996 a couple years ago. Screw it, new fuel pump ordered.

So, what should have taken maybe an hour tops with no cost involved has taken weeks with hundreds of dollars involved. All par for the course for this thing.

The good news is... I discovered the flakey ECU and fuel pump in my basement rather than on the road, so that's good. Now I'm just waiting to find out which sensor has blown which will prevent this thing from running once the pump is worked out.

It's all good. Best dog I ever had was a complete pain in the beginning. This bike is going to figure out who the boss is eventually too...

And yes, that is the ECU hanging off the side. I knew I shouldn't have put the bodywork back on without checking things out the first time!

Attachments

• ECU2.jpg
    ECU2.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 877
DesmoDog said:
. I knew I shouldn't have put the bodywork back on without checking things out the first time!

Nah, Desmo, if you had checked it before you but the bodywork back it would have been fine, until you tried to start it; then you'd be in the same spot as no.

Cookie said:
Nah, Desmo, if you had checked it before you but the bodywork back it would have been fine, until you tried to start it; then you'd be in the same spot as no.

That's funny, because it's true. That's exactly what happened when I went through this with my 996.

In other news, I turned the key this evening and the pump ran. Bike even fired. So what, the new pump is going in along with a new battery. I suspect the battery is the real problem but the pump is suspect too so out it comes.

Got my seat unit re-done (finish on the vonzeti is sh!t) and the light properly shaped in.
Plus shaved the decal of the cheapo full face and found a good place for the cafe-moto sticker ;)
f11d7738c2bb319989ea759260f28b25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And now with new ECU, ready for spring. Much more better.

Attachments

• 851Termi_m.jpg
    851Termi_m.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 176
DesmoDog said:
And now with new ECU, ready for spring. Much more better.

One of my favorite bikes of all time. Uncomfortable A/F but the first time I raised a tire in a corner and still took the corner like I knew what I was doing. Those things make all the right noises and are as addictive as they come. Early Ducs ROCK....

Back
Top Bottom