'74 CB 360 Cafe Build - Luna - "Done"!

Re: '74 CB 360 Cafe Build - Boomerang

I fitted a cbr600 master to my 360. It is wonderful and keeps a comfortable amount of motion in the lever. It also has an integrated brake light switch so you can run a stainless line right to the caliper and ditch the oem switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazypj said:
LOL 8)
Try around 27" total width, (I use 24"~26" on 360's, 26" for road use)

Actually just got home and measured, they're at 27.5", I just have them thrown on there and not at a good angle. Going to set them comfortable for now, can always cut em later. I have long arms anyways.

thrillseeker said:
I fitted a cbr600 master to my 360. It is wonderful and keeps a comfortable amount of motion in the lever. It also has an integrated brake light switch so you can run a stainless line right to the caliper and ditch the oem switch

Got a pic?

Primed and sanded, pre-color coat.

6c227d0bd80ee85c7a8ac0eb3dcddade.jpg

45cd9f43a53bfa23fedbad8a2508f36f.jpg

Lookin pretty cool. That tail is really starting to grow on me now.

adventurco said:
Got a pic?

Here's a pic of the master. I'll see if I can find a shot of it on the bike. If I don't have one you'll have to wait till my bike is back together

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=44726.msg703240#msg703240

trek97 said:
Lookin pretty cool. That tail is really starting to grow on me now.

I liked the tail shape even in mock up 8)
It is possible to carve some material from 'nose' of original master cyl but at 27.5 your probably OK

Thanks guys. I have a TON of time into this fiberglass stuff, but overall I'm very happy with how it's coming along.

Got color on last night. Had a big ugly drip near the fuel cap but luckily I was able to fix it and blend it in. Going to get detail paint and clear on today and hopefully drop the engine in.

I had a 175 that colour, FIAT light blue ;D

My word thats a great color combo man! Are you a UCLA fan? That blue and that gold look terrific together. Cant wait to see it on the frame.

^^^^^^^what trek said^^^^^^^^^

That is really nice.

Especially the exhaust, especially the paint, especially the seat.......well, especially the whole bike.

Very nice, dude.

'74 CB 360 Cafe Build - Boomerang

Thanks guys. Pretty happy with the paint, though there's a couple flaws but not bad for a makeshift spray booth. I tried to channel the original paint scheme, I wanted to keep the same vintage/swoopy look but give it a new twist. I used 1/8" fine line tape for the stripes and cut a vinyl stencil for the text.

Still a lot to do before she hits the road but we're getting close.

Still to do: batt box, clean/check wiring harness then install, set up engine (timing, valve clearance, cam chain), install cables, paint and wrap pipes, etc etc.

Pretty burnt out from the painting so I think I'm gonna take a couple of days to relax

I'll post some better pics in the next couple days

I said I was going to take a break but I just can't, I'm too close to the finish (starting) line XD.

A couple detail shots of the paint

92a4f3702e0062723737f9adaced82b2.jpg

e1391b2afd6e987fe0a1e4a297976b20.jpg

8ee934d3e2408d3fbca3a895e9053103.jpg

Started with the wiring and routing cables. I have some excess cable to lose on the clutch cable, trying to lose it around the headlight but anyone got a tried and true method for routing that cable with clipons? It's a stock 360 cable.

Back
Top Bottom