You Traded WHAT?

ridesolo said:
Yeah, (it was Fairbanks to West Virginia and back in three weeks) I've owned two of the things and put LOTS of miles on them. Great bikes; quiet and comfortable and they handle great. I rode my '89 through the two weeks of MSF Instructor certification training classes. Back in the day (as Levi said) Two Brothers was doing amazing things w/ the Honda NT647 Hawk GT. The PC drive train is a very similar 800cc and supposedly they got one with the intent to work the same magic into it. I guess they worked and worked and experimented with all kinds of combinations and couldn't get the thing to run for crap... except in bone stock exhaust and intake configuration with some minor jetting mods. Put Progressive Suspension springs in the forks, keep good tires on it , and ride the crap out of it.

I plan to keep it bone stock except for welding a hole in the exhaust.....and maybe cupholder...Should have it on the road next week and will daily it until its too cold .....so far it has 95,000 miles....

nateb said:
I traded a pretty plain Jane flat topped AR for a Cb750k with a weird clutch cable
8cff196bbd2ccebe6609cad7e09013cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
Yeah what's up with that cable? Bike looks nice otherwise!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

HURCO550 said:
Yeah what's up with that cable? Bike looks nice otherwise!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
The p/o snapped a cable on the road and a atv shop got him going again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesmoBro said:
I plan to keep it bone stock except for welding a hole in the exhaust.....and maybe cupholder...Should have it on the road next week and will daily it until its too cold .....so far it has 95,000 miles....

At 95k miles the places where the body parts join may be a bit creaky and squeaky, especially on a '89. They made some changes with the '90 and later models. I'll bet that in a short time you'll really like it as a daily rider. And that trunk is something that you'll soon wonder how you ever lived without it.

I had a brain fart and somehow convinced myself that trading this

91cc94121a4227abecf3842a52eb9f9e.jpg

For this

e83e459731dec6a21907526465e54f01.jpg

Was a good idea ‍♂️
Would probably feel worse if i didn’t have enough parts and shit to build two more taking up space in my fun shed.

Brodie said:
Hmm not a trade I would make. What engine is in the Datsun?

Vg30et
Tranny needs some love, But the rest of the car is very sound, especially for a quebec canada vehicle

I love that gen 300z. I had a college roommate with one, and that thing was a blast.

A bloke I used to work with had one. I was trying to convince him to put a VG33ER in it.

Brodie said:
A bloke I used to work with had one. I was trying to convince him to put a VG33ER in it.

Stop it, don’t give me any ideas here.

I always had a thing for old 240-280z and these 300zx’s. It just made sense for my situation because;
It’s 300$/year cheaper to register
It’s a turbo 2+2 for my kids to come for a ride.
I honestly don’t have time to enjoy riding a motorcycle anymore.

Time to dredge up an old thread. I love trades when it makes both sides happy.

Deviant1 (an old head of DTT) really wanted a fat tire bike for the beach that he lives close to, and I've had my eye on a 1st gen DL1000 VSTROM for a hot minute. The swamp donkey will now live out its days as a beach cruiser, and I will soon have a solid daily mule that I hope to be able to load down and point in any direction and go.

Ill miss the old swamp donkey, but both bikes are now where they belong :)
6c0eab3928b02917ccc0204497f3c5fd.jpg
25b150615716307c02bfbfa04315c703.jpg

Well done, young man, well done!

Swamp Donkey has become Beach Burro.

If you ever meet Alex, you will know that Swamp Donkey will always be swamp donkey.

irk miller said:
If you ever meet Alex, you will know that Swamp Donkey will always be swamp donkey.

its kind of like the "dread pirate roberts" though, the name goes with the bike, but im still keeping it for the next one ;) its just to good to let go of haha

The trusty old dr650 carried me through alot of adventures over the last two years, and I'm sad to see it go, but ya can't keep them all. I figured since I already have a long beard and I wear flannel, I traded it off for this 1994 harley sportster 1200. Actually an 883 with a 1200 top end. Dude gave me a bit of boot too. Might sell it in the spring, or ride it for a season then sell it.

20200209_135948.jpg

20200209_154514.jpg

Back
Top Bottom