Blue Haze - a two-stroke miscellany

A tasty rig!

from Progress is fine

Attachments

• Sherpa T.jpg
    Sherpa T.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 210
Could a 2t even get a turbo moving, you know with the expansion chamber reversing the flow wouldn't that try and spin the rotor rearward?

It doesn't really reverse the flow, so much as the pressure, the flow outwards is far greater than the flow reversed or how would the engine run at all?

hurco550 said:
I bet whoever built that is a regular champ at replacing the crank seals that probably tend to make a rapid exit from their intended location ha

my guess is they must use a seal retaining ring of some sort.

Maritime said:
my guess is they must use a seal retaining ring of some sort.
Yeah,I would assume so. Some machines come that way from the factory

It has been extremely windy in the Plains,58 mph yesterday. It hasn't stopped blowing for 2 weeks. One picture from a couple weeks ago, "pre-wind".

Attachments

• IMG_4681.JPG
    IMG_4681.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_4655.JPG
    IMG_4655.JPG
    863.6 KB · Views: 195
jimmer said:
It has been extremely windy in the Plains,58 mph yesterday. It hasn't stopped blowing for 2 weeks. One picture from a couple weeks ago, "pre-wind".

I'm not familiar with your bike, what is it? It is a very nice classy looking bike.

jimmer said:
It has been extremely windy in the Plains,58 mph yesterday.

My younger son did his Basic Training at Ft. Sill a couple of years ago.
He messaged one day, "Man it's windy here".
I replied "Well Duh... Oklahoma?... Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains?..."
And he says "Yea, I get that... but it Never Fuckin STOPS!!!" :p :p

Haven't seen one of these about for a very long time!

A well-used early model parked outside a local pub:

Attachments

• Bantam 01.JPG
    Bantam 01.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 218
  • Bantam 02.JPG
    Bantam 02.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 200
D1 Bantam. May have been the first bike I ever rode. Not a lot of get up and go. Just the UK spoils of war from DKW and essentially the same design as the Hummer.

Back
Top Bottom