Odd Ball Cars

My 1965 Austin Healy thats been in my family sense new .....
1234.jpg
43459.jpg

Hoosier Daddy said:
I'm still kicking myself for not buying the pair of late '50s Berkeley Sports Cars I saw for sale. One in nice shape with a parts car. They were tiny, sporty, and FWD via Motorcycle engine with a chain.
Kinda like these.

941756775_c01e2141bd.jpg

Berkeley_resized.jpg

Berkley2-480-4564.jpg

Catbird said:
Everything being forged means that you're pretty safe up to around 400-500bhp with nothing but high-end gaskets, rings and bearings (EDIT: And accounting for the considerably greater need for cooling). 30lbs. of boost should do it. Saab was at one point making a DOHC head for those things, 4 valves per cylinder.

Those little guys will survive *stupid* output. THat's what made the THunderbird Turbo Coupe such a fantastic sleeper. A big 4000lb car that even felt fast at 195bhp.

A Volvo 2.3 DOHC head will work with some(major $$$) mods... Not Saab... You can't get them to seal at 30lbs.... unless You like doing headgaskets weekly...

Stock T9 trans will handle around 300hp.... diffs around the same..... just don't dump the clutch or try and drag race it or BOOM

hot damn those minis are awesome notabmw! I love Mini's. Ever since I visited family in Belgium when I was a little kid and saw my first one, I've been in love with those cars.

pawn said:
hot damn those minis are awesome notabmw! I love Mini's. Ever since I visited family in Belgium when I was a little kid and saw my first one, I've been in love with those cars.

Thanks Pawn, here is a pic from this Friday:

423654_364481730249015_1746695826_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom