CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

crazypj said:
I've postponed the surgery until next month, couldn't afford to have any issues with FMLA
wife needed to make sure everything is in writing rather than just 'OK, your good to go'

Understand what you're saying... was in today to set up cataract surgeries and found out there is gunna' be an extra $800 out of pocket that insurance companies won't cover. Durn medical folks, always something, huh? PJ, good luck w/ the upcoming surgery!

Is that seat a custom job or is it a purchase? I am looking to do something similar on my 75 360T project.

crazypj said:
Brendon called this morning, bike blowing fuses.
Forgot to take picture but the LED flasher relay had burned out (don't know why I checked that first? :eek: )
bits were rattling around inside and caused a short - made it an intermittent fault
Finally got round to fitting front mudguard and finishing off fork brace. Still need to get a couple of 6mm acorn nuts (plus chop bolts down a bit)
some pix

It's from 'Viet' for a CB350, needed slight modification.
He's on here, do a member search
If you give him width of frame he'll custom make one slightly wider to fit 360 frame

I had a similar issue with my old coils. Whenever I rode in rain for more than 5 minutes the right cylinder would quit firing.

I couldn't see any insulation oozing out but it was definitely shorting out somewhere when it got wet. though I could never pin down where.

I just replaced them with 3 Ohm Dyna Coils and haven't had a problem since.

Bought a mini microscope/camera thing, was bored so I thought I'de take a look inside intake of a 360 carb

Need to play with the light adjustment (built in LED) and the focus but it looks like it's going to be possible to get stills and/or video with engine running then see the fuel discharge (no idea if lens will dissolve ? ;D )
Probably be a few months before I can even put carbs into manifolds, real scared of doing something too soon and messing up the bits bolted into spine
Here's close up of sync adjuster screw, didn't notice the washer below lock nut

What are you using for banjo bolt on the caliper? That looks much cleaner than the stock pipe.

I pull out the 90degree flare fitting and tap the caliper deeper for a normal 10x1.25 banjo bolt, I think there may be pictures somewhere in here?
Brendon has modified exhaust system again, the outlet is now much higher and further back, about level with number plate
Says there is a very noticeable increase in mid-range power with even longer exhaust (hasn't tried top end yet)

Just tap and no drilling? Might try that because it makes more sense to me than the stock setup.

It's already tapped 10x1.25,just not very deep as the flare on brake line has to seat and seal
I don't remember if I had to drill as well

Brendon just sent I-Phone pic of 'new' exhaust,it's now been wrapped but don'thave pic of that yet

Decided to make a basic electronic ignition, use GM module and Hall Effect sensor circuit to trigger a dual fire coil with two magnets at 90 degrees (maybe, may use two sensors and single magnet, same as points set up,that will need GM 2 modules as well though)
Will use stock advancer mechanism until I can figure out a programmable one for cheap ;D

crazypj said:
Decided to make a basic electronic ignition, use GM module and Hall Effect sensor circuit to trigger a dual fire coil with two magnets at 90 degrees (maybe, may use two sensors and single magnet, same as points set up,that will need GM 2 modules as well though)
Will use stock advancer mechanism until I can figure out a programmable one for cheap ;D

get er done! and Ill take one.

CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

crazypj said:
for the cb360 with a 180 deg firing order you will need 2 sensors and 2 modules. Otherwise you will be firing the coil on the intake of the right cylinder when the left needs a spark.

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk

I haven't looked into things too deep yet, I need to be able to turn motor over and look at things
I think it will work as a 'single fire' system but may not be very efficient
Will have to wait until I recover some more and can think straight (I blame the drugs ;D )

Hey PJ, make sure you get one of the decent brands of GM ignition modules. I've been burned by the cheapo $10 units.

What Hall effect board is that? It looks like it has a microcontroller already on board, hmm! Neat stuff!

No idea on specs of it, got it off e-bay for $10.00
It has digital and analog outputs, havent tried to find out anything else about it yet

Really curious about how the DIY electronic ignition works out. I wish I understood more about how the ignition system works because I'd like to try it out myself.

When I get it figured out and check it's reliable I'll probably put some sort of kit together
Still not allowed to 'play with machinery' so can't do a lot at present, I know I'm going to have to make a rotor/trigger to fit original advancer unit

Back
Top Bottom