Yamaha XV750

This thing turned out awesome. I love how you changed directions midway through the build, rather than just finishing what you started. Major Kudos for sticking true to you vision and it obviously paid off. Great looking build! I enjoyed binging through the thread!

Question, what did you use to paint the wheels, swingarm, and frame?

Mr Biggz said:
This thing turned out awesome. I love how you changed directions midway through the build, rather than just finishing what you started. Major Kudos for sticking true to you vision and it obviously paid off. Great looking build! I enjoyed binging through the thread!

+10! Also - what (new) headlight and tank did you end up with?

Mr Biggz said:

Thanks! I used Rustoleum Appliance epoxy for the wheels, VHT Gloss chassis enamel for frame & swingarm. VHT Gloss Engine enamel for the engine.

zap2504 said:
+10! Also - what (new) headlight and tank did you end up with?

Thanks man! The headlight is a 7" Daymaker. The tank is a remake of the old Yamaha RD350. You can find both on eBay.

Well its unique for sure. I havent seen another bike quite like it, which I like. There are far too many cookie cutter style bikes out there. I wanna see something hand made, and this fit the bill. Well done I say. Good job. 8)

Question. The original headlight plan used those halo fog lights. Did those fog lights have a hard light break like projectors do or did they not have a break and light shown everywhere like a standard halogen? Am I making sense? lol

So, long time no post. So much has evolved on this build since I last posted.

probably the first thing was rebuilding the seat, it was absurd lol. I went with a diamond stitch and shaped the padding to flow and contour better.
Designed a different exhaust, love it so much more.

Because the virago is a shaft driven 16" wheel with literally zero options for something cool in the back, I picked up a custom 17" rear wheel/disc brake setup from Cognito and had a custom swing arm made, now I can fit a 160 back there.

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom