CB350 Four scrambler projet + brat?

tahitianrider said:
If you have room for the 400/four go ahead and build it :)

3 + the "kit 400F" in my garage + 2 in neighbors garage + 2 in enclosed trailer in my driveway. :p

Time to unload some baggage.

trek97 said:
3 + the "kit 400F" in my garage + 2 in neighbors garage + 2 in enclosed trailer in my driveway. :p

Time to unload some baggage.

Oh man I now understand why the 400F kit can wait haha

Clutch pack changed on my 350F! it's the first time I change a clutch pack and it is actually pretty easy, I will do it on my FJ600 too then I think.
The old friction plate did seemed toasted, burnt color and they seemed all flattened out without groove, the discs seemed nice though, no bends and a good 1.4mm thickness.

11494-200816163635.png

New R/R received! installed in 2 minutes and it works perfectly!! Quality is day and night better than the other cheap one I got lol, the other actually seems like a fake one like the fake iphone they sell for $20 compared to the one from Sprack!
Thanks Sonreir for quick shipping and great price :) I will definitely get a second one for the second 350F when I'll rebuild it!

Can't wait for a sunny day to try the new clutch and recharge that battery by riding :)

The new clutch pack is wonderfull, no more slipping at all, it rides great!
The only issue I still have is those wheels that are not true...

Anyway, I've finished rebuilding the second set of carbs, god I love my ultrasonic cleaner.

Attachments

• c1.JPG
    c1.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 226
  • C2.JPG
    C2.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 232
  • C3.JPG
    C3.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 233
  • C4.JPG
    C4.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 604
  • C5.JPG
    C5.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 630
If they run as good as they look, you've done excellent work on the carbs! Keep a lookout, ask around, and you will probably find some small one-man shop that will true your wheels quickly for little money. I found a shop that ground all of my GL1000 valve seats for $10 in 10 minutes. Also, make sure the tires are true. Every so often, they can be really out of round. I had a set on a Suzuki SX4 (4WD version of a Swift) that went from awful to great just by mounting new, round tires.

Thats great news on the carbs.

IDK, Might check with local bicycle shops about the wheels.

They may be able to true them or know someone that can.

pidjones said:
If they run as good as they look, you've done excellent work on the carbs! Keep a lookout, ask around, and you will probably find some small one-man shop that will true your wheels quickly for little money. I found a shop that ground all of my GL1000 valve seats for $10 in 10 minutes. Also, make sure the tires are true. Every so often, they can be really out of round. I had a set on a Suzuki SX4 (4WD version of a Swift) that went from awful to great just by mounting new, round tires.

Thanks! will have to wait to rebuild the engine to try them. But I've cleaned each carb individually with 4 ultrasonic baths per carb, then fined cleaned the residues with a dremel then rebuilt everything with rebuild kits.
Yeah I'll look for a small shop around here that can do it, but it seems less and less repair shop know about spoke wheels, they all deal with modern wheels now.
Hum, thats interesting for tires, I didn't tires could be out of round. They are brand new though.

trek97 said:
Thats great news on the carbs.

IDK, Might check with local bicycle shops about the wheels.

They may be able to true them or know someone that can.

Yeah, I'll look for motocross repair shops too, since they deal with spoked wheels on dirtbikes.

I continued fine tuning the spokes on the wheels and solved my unbalanced wheels issue.

I had the opportunity to ride the scrambler CB 350 on a racetrack this weekend during the Cafe Racer Festival and it was super fun!!
Although the big 750cc fours were smoking me in straight line, the agility of the small 350 allowed me to win back some time into the tight corners :)

I couldn't rev it above 7500 rpm though or it was bogging, but I think I know the issue: it is because I highly increased float height in order to make the carbs stop leaking, so the fuel level was probably too low to go wide open on high rpms. Plus I noticed that when leaning too much in corners while accelerating, the 2 cylinders on the opposide side of leaning would start bogging haha, so definately an incorrect fuel level.

Anyway here is the riding video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Xoat1qphQ

Back
Top Bottom