Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page

mysta2

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I think we know that guy :)
http://rocket-garage.blogspot.com/

Chris just sent this to me, because this guy stamped his watermark on some pictures of my bike that he lifted from here, I'm happy if anyone wants to post my pics... but putting your own watermark on them with no link back to the original seems sketchy at best.

I'm only posting this here because of the picture at the very bottom of every page, I searched "do the ton" and found nothing, so I don't know if he's credited it or not.

mysta2 said:
I think we know that guy :)
http://rocket-garage.blogspot.com/

Chris just sent this to me, because this guy stamped his watermark on some pictures of my bike that he lifted from here, I'm happy if anyone wants to post my pics... but putting your own watermark on them with no link back to the original seems sketchy at best.

I'm only posting this here because of the picture at the very bottom of every page, I searched "do the ton" and found nothing, so I don't know if he's credited it or not.

Oh yeah... Thats not cool at all.. you should post a comment..
I also noticed that he put up a pic of me at the very bottom... No mention of DTT at all...

Not cool man...not cool...

Well not only is that a douche-bag move, but illegal seeing as those pics are your property.

locO leoN said:
Oh yeah... Thats not cool at all.. you should post a comment..
I also noticed that he put up a pic of me at the very bottom... No mention of DTT at all...

Not cool man...not cool...

Yeah, that's what I meant by scroll to the bottom.

I posted, in english, and in Italian (grammatically horrid I'm sure, brought to you by Babelfish), also sent him an e-mail. I don't mind anyone using them... links are nice though.

mysta2 said:
Yeah, that's what I meant by scroll to the bottom.

I posted, in english, and in Italian (grammatically horrid I'm sure, brought to you by Babelfish), also sent him an e-mail. I don't mind anyone using them... links are nice though.

This happens to me all the time as well. That's why I put my copyright on the bottom. If you post pics in the public domain with no copyright intent, people are pretty much free to take them. Hell, people can pretty much take them if they want. It's not like you're going to sue them in Italian court.

A couple weeks ago, this happened to me. I sent the guy an email asking for credit and he was happy to oblige. Most people are cool about it. The problem with putting your work out is, well, you put your work out. People will say both really cool and really nasty things. They will steal stuff, etc.. Sometime I wonder why we bother.

Note to Mysta: put DropBars on all the pics we take this weekend :)

--Chris

thats how the internet works. so many people steal photos and use them for other stuff. it sucks. at least he isn't making money on it though. that is a cool jacket loco

You guys can rest assured that if your photos find their way to the Dime City site (which I hope some of you do) credit will be given.

To play the devils advocate though... Maybe he did search and couldn't find anything. On the other hand and playing the punks advocate he shouldn't have posted them if he couldn't find the owner. No matter how effin cool your bike is Mysta! ;)

J

No worries, he just responded to my email, thanking me for putting the link in my responses to his post.

Again, I don't mind anyone taking the pictures and spreading them around, I'm happy to share. Link when you can and ask for info if you don't know the source. All is well. I took those pics after all to encourage interest in the bike and the things that I would like to be making for bikes... this just means in some small way, it's working :)

Kit

Back
Top Bottom