Canadian Cafe Racer magazine concept. [Image Heavy]

Holiday

Been Around the Block
Fooling around in Photoshop I came up with this concept for a Cafe Racer mag. Thought it would be cool to do a Cafe Racer magazine from Canada either online or print.

mta0s1.jpg

Nicely done!
An online zine is the only way you could even consider doing anything like this in the Canadian market.
Print is too expensive.

I just canceled an online subscription to a Motorcycle mag...the content was not interesting to me. I would like a online one that
took you into a shop and from beginning to end showed you a fairly detailed build of a Cafe bike. I have seen some Magazines that do this but its
way too slow. A nice mix of photo's/vid and a persona that you would respect. Love to see a build by http://www.falconmotorcycles.com/

You can actually do a PDF magazine with embeded Flash video. I also know of a website that auto-converts your pages into a Flash based magazine with pages that flip.

Really would need advertising to be worth the work unless people would be willing to pay per mag similarly to ebooks.

Whatd be nice about ebook payment. is it works for us the consumer.. being only like what 3bucks say for an issue, or a yearly subscription for like $20 depending on the zine's frequency. and works for the creator in the fact that he gets all $3 in his pocket per viewer instead of paying out to printer etc..

makes it a lot easier to pay all the other little fees that would normally drown you out.

what if there was something broader, may i suggest, N.A. Cafe' .. (North American Cafe [racers]). Do a mix of your (who ever was to head this thing's) full out cafe builds like Martyman suggested, with a lot of viewer sumbitted articles.
By me, we have something similar goin on in print method with "Weird NJ" magazine. the head writers and editors write a lot of articles, they have their own correspondants and they do big spreads of viewer submissions.

I'd just like to read any good cafe mag.
that would be killer.

Back
Top Bottom