1981 Yamaha SR250 Tracker style build

The chrome on those fenders seems to be in really good shape. Just be careful not to gouge it if you decide to cut them up :eek:

Definitely shop around for a taillight. There are a lot of cheapo plastic chinese ones on ebay/amazon that are just not good. Plan ahead for what you're going to do with the seat/fender in the future so you don't end up with a stack of them ;D

There are tons out there. Depends on what you want. DCC is probably a good place to start to find the style you're looking for but their options can be pricy. There is definitely some decent stuff on ebay/amazon amongst the junk, so like I said just shop around and read reviews to find something decent.

Haven't really done anything lately, been busy. Just ordered gaiters from amazon, and tank badges from MikesXS. I WAS going to run this bike without the stock airbox/battery box, but I am really not interested in spending the cash on an Anti Gravity right now. Maybe in the future though. I have seen some cool SR250's with the stock airbox in them. Really changing the handlebars, and seat give it a totally different look.
Zbme8yj6R3m08sIpSmyo_IMG_6794.JPG

Howzit,
Mine also looked something like that..
Now looks like this:

Attachments

• Ryan's Cafe SR 250cc.jpg
    Ryan's Cafe SR 250cc.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,490
Got my new muffler today, thanks Adventurco!!! Gonna put her on tomorrow, it's been a long day (been floating).

Heard a few things about back pressure and stuff, and putting steel wool in the muffler? Idk lol, what should I do before installing it? (Stock muffler is 21" long, this is 17.5")
9e7787febb36d4adcb3d89698e967380.jpg

Extreme_250 said:
Got my new muffler today, thanks Adventurco!!! Gonna put her on tomorrow, it's been a long day (been floating).

Heard a few things about back pressure and stuff, and putting steel wool in the muffler? Idk lol, what should I do before installing it? (Stock muffler is 21" long, this is 17.5")
9e7787febb36d4adcb3d89698e967380.jpg

slip it on and see if there's even a back pressure issue. if there is, you can always jet accordingly.

are you clamping it on?

Well I've got the muffler somewhat installed. The clamp it came with is shit, so I'm gonna buy another one. (it's not tight on the header right now, also the reducer is sticking out lol)
1cab93a720f52af496e91040c4ba0594.jpg

It looks loads better than when you got it.....mind you if you had hit it with a hammer it would've been an improvement haha!

Is a seat replacement on the cards? Possibly all it need to complete a very nice turn around job.

Back
Top Bottom