MY RD/RZ 380 Caferacer

PeterA

Only Two Strokes in my Shed
Hi all,

after my Introduction I will show you all my latest Cafe Project...

The Bike I choosed as my project was first shown to German public in a Motorcycle-Magazine in 1990. A Guy had spend a lot of hours and money in this bike to do a very fine cafe Racer. I saw the article in 1990 and loved the bike imedeartly!!

Here is a pic of the bike in 1990:

In 1994 the bike crashed very hard and the guy parked the bike in a shed. He told me later that he had very serius injuries... In 2003 I got the chance to buy the bike - and I got it (via Ebay). Since then the bike parked in my shed...

That was my starting-Point:

Last Year I started to take the bike and build my personal "Ideal" RD. That was the plan:

Engine:

+4 mm Crank, CNC-Head, Wiseco-Pistons, Dry Clutch (Ducati), no Oilpump, Banshee sidecover (left) , Mikuni 30 TMX, V-Force3 Reeds, Billet waterpump, Big Cooler, Pipes Wiwa (German)

Chassis:

R6 Frontfork, Kern-Forkrbrace, OW01-Clip-ons, White-Power Steering damper, 320 Brembo Oro with radialpump in front, little Brembo-brake in the rear, Spoked-Wheels: front 2,5 with 110/80-18 / rear 3,5 with 140/70-18 BT45, FZ600 swingarm, White Power rear damper, custom frame-tail

Parts:

Alu-tank with aero-cap, Pingel, selfmade rear Seat, front Fender alu, Moto Gadget Clock, M-Lock RFID Ignition Lock , Zeeltronic, PVL Coil, Headlight Suzuki??, Selfmade rearsets, Mini-Cateye rear light, much titanium and alu screws, Rizoma Brake resevoirs,

The bike is almost ready now (have to sort out some electrics and the carb-settings in spring)

I hope you enjoy my pics:

Some Details:

Bye

Peter

the clutch is worth more than my bike! As I told you before, this thing is crazy handsome .

Hi all,

thanks for the warm welcome and your positive feedback... I am sure very close to my personal ideal Bike...

Thanks again

Peter

man, i keep coming back to this thread, that bike is just beautiful, looks factory built! i want!!! lol

Hi,

I can understand everybody who wants such a bike - but sooo sorry... I will not build another one... this will be a one piece project!!! ;)

Peter

Not too many builds with a twin spar frame that have te vintage look done just right.

Congrats

enjoy ?
Yinzer spills his beer
bradj falls off his stool and remains unconscious
Rich ard reverts to a second language
Crazy is as much at a loss for words as I've ever seen him .

I just have to say , your starting point aside, this is as clean and well modified an RZed as I have seen in years .
I'd ride the hell out of it , and that's saying something .

Welcome to the family and hope to here more of you .

~kop

Hi Guys,

thanks again for your feedback... the weather is now a little better in Germany... but I had to fix my SDR the last weeks... so it will last some more time to do the first tour with this bike!!

Peter

Back
Top Bottom