as promised my cx500 bobber finished

next build I'm about to add cbr forks,mock up a sport bike swing arm,spoke wheels and some more fabricated parts.
This time i will build 2 at the same time. I have the powder coat, paint and templates set up, and already have 2 orders for end of april going to Texas and California.

Why is the front tire so close to the exhaust, what's the shock travel in the front forks, does it clear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: as promised my cx500 bobber finished

barnbuilt said:
i couldn't tell you:)

It's not that hard to weigh it. If it's light it would b a good selling point. I'm curious how much weight can be shaved off these cx500s.

Roc City Cafe said:
Why is the front tire so close to the exhaust, what's the shock travel in the front forks, does it clear?

I think you might have it backwards. It's the exhaust is so close to the front tire. Good catch though, re-looking at it it looks like it will hit at some point. Put on a new or different tire it could also hit easier.

the front clears-no problem-the exhaust is not that close-it has enough clearance.otherwise it would be to close to the radiator

and it is hard to weigh when its 10 ft of snow outside and the life is basically frozen here in MI.On top of that i have to pay someone to do it, just for the sake of knowing how much…this is not a race bike-so it doesn't really matter IMHO

barnbuilt said:
the front clears-no problem-the exhaust is not that close-it has enough clearance.otherwise it would be to close to the radiator
I find that hard to believe, the front suspension travel is at least 4", and at a 27 degree rake, that puts it moving back about 1.5", do you have any pics of front suspension fully compressed?

no i don't-if you intend to buy the bike thats on ebay right now-i will go to my garage in 0F and take some pics-otherwise its no worth it-am i right?

didn't mean to sound like an ass, but unless you are interested in buying this bike i don't see why that much interest.Because i know that you build your own parts, and i have bought several seats from you, and you could build any bike you want-because you have the resources and the knowledge.

I'm concerned from a safety standpoint, it doesn't do any of us any good if people get hurt on custom bikes, next thing you know and well have Australian style regs on customization :(

Roc City Cafe said:
I'm concerned from a safety standpoint, it doesn't do any of us any good if people get hurt on custom bikes, next thing you know and well have Australian style regs on customization :(

Hey - I resemble that remark.... ;D

didn't mean to sound like an ass
You do.
None of us are going to buy it, so whats the point in posting it if you aren't willing to answer questions about it? I hate it when people jump on here expecting nothing but accolades and then can't handle a little constructive criticism, or in this case a simple question about the design of the bike. The fact that you threw together 8 bikes in 10 months doesn't make a bit of difference in whether that front wheel is going to slam that exhaust when your customer hits a pothole throwing them over the handlebars and into oncoming traffic.

Maybe the exhaust is spaced a little wider than it appears in the pictures and on compression the tire slips between them a bit rather than hitting?

Re: Re: as promised my cx500 bobber finished

barnbuilt said:

You can route it along side the radiator instead of cupping it around it and avoid the front tire all together.

barnbuilt said:
no i don't-if you intend to buy the bike thats on ebay right now-i will go to my garage in 0F and take some pics-otherwise its no worth it-am i right?

Not exactly. :)

i do not believe there is any fucking way that tire is going to clear at near fullbump
did you pull the forks springs and check with forks compressed ?
what kind of added bracing is on the swinger ? i don't see any, what you have here is the typical piece of shit deathtrap from an ignorant, clueless "builder" that has absolutely zero idea of what is happening with suspension
hope you have a good lawyer, yer gonna need one

my arrogance is non here- i said that i will not spend 20 minutes in -2f so i can measure it again-dont you think that i would make sure that everything clears?? just think about before you make me a clueless builder or any other words.
thats all i have to say.
DONT BE HATERS ALL!!
cheers :) and enjoy life

sbaugz said:
Your arrogance is reckless. Several people here (with a lot of experience) have raised a serious safety concern and suggest you go out and measure clearance between pipes and front wheel, yet you say it's not worth it? So you are saying someone's life isn't worth the 30 minutes it would take to unscrew upper fork plugs, pull springs out, and see if the wheel will hit the pipes at full compression? Ok, sign me up for one of your bikes.

Oh, and if you are going to trick people into buying this masterfully engineered piece of customized motorcycle, you may want to remove the wheel decals so it at least looks like you test drove it to make sure it didn't fall apart.

Another smart comment-its -2F outside, its 3 feet of snow!!relax
gosh its like 3-rd grade all over again :)

Back
Top Bottom