Cafe racers I've built

grandpaul

Author, "Old Bikes"
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
Not sure how this forum section is supposed to work, it's titled "The Collections", so you might think it's for photos of bike collections, then there's a "before and after" thread, so you might think it's for composites, then there seen to be some project/build threads, so you might think it's for those (although there is also a dedicated Project section"). Anyway, what the heck, this will work...

It must have started with the klunky old AMF single-speed bicycle with worn out heavy-duty tires and a broken handlebar that my older brother passed on to me in '67 when he got his first motorcycle. It had already been a few years that I was allowed to read the older bike mags that my brothers tossed out, and I started thinking about how cool some of the bikes were. Anyway, it was weird riding that bicycle around with one 4" stub and the other handlebar out in the breeze; I started riding it with both hands together at the stem, then finally tweaked the handlebar in a hole in a block fence and folded it back and forth till it broke off. My first "clip ons".

Although I built my first cafe racer in 1979, and then another a few years later, a big chunk of my life has been spent restoring classic Britbikes (Triumph, Norton & BSA). But, the cafe racer thing has come and gone on a regular basis, and it seems I've built my fair share over the years, and they represent a fair percentage of my current collection of 30 bikes. So, I'm going to do my best to chronicle my cafe racer builds from '79 till now.

This was my '75 Honda CB550 Four that I bought from a guy that was shipping out from NAS Corpus Christi, TX back in early '79.

410879232.jpg

Over the years, I rebuilt it twice, then totally revamped it.
"Pops" Yoshimura 590 kit
S&W valve spring kit
Megacycle cam
Martek electronic ignition
Barnett clutch plates & springs
750 smooth bore carbs w/ K&N filters, AND PROPER JETTING!
Hurst Airhart front master cylinder & aircraft grade hose
Kerker header
Thomaselli clip-on handlebars
Home-made oil cooler (from a Mercury power steering cooler)
Accell coils
Dupont Imron Antique Silver Metallic paint
Tail from a Kawasaki 350 triple (seat that came with the bike fit perfectly inside)
Emgo quarter fairing with bullet mirrors

Sadly, this was the best photo I ever took of it. Totalled it badly, injuring my wrist.

359838961.jpg

My older brother David bought a brand new '76 Yamaha RD400 when he was at U.T. He took good care of it, but he made the mistake of lending it to our good friend Rick (he grew up living in our home, we were like brothers). Rick dumped it into a curb and bent the swingarm, which I replaced.

In between the time I started the 590 project and the time I crashed the bike, David sold the RD to my younger brother Zed (R.I.P.). Zed called me and asked me to get him a set of expansion chambers and an electronic ignition, which I did. Then we installed DG expansion chambers, and a Martek ignition. The bike had been running poorly with low compression, so I suggested a fresh set of pistons in first overbore, which we did. He rode it for a while, then decided he wanted the stock pipes back on it for riding around Austin (too noisy); I stayed with the DG pipes. When he bought a beautiful almost-new '82 Honda CB750F he sold me the RD for about half what he had into it.

I rode it for a while, then I had Joey paint it Imron White. Not long after that, I sold it to a friend who proceeded to have the original seat re-upholstered in tuck-and-roll White. I had to lower the shocks and forks so he could JUST reach the ground on both tip-toes, the new seat foam was way too tall. Anyway, it got ridden hard, then got put under a tarp for a few years. When my friend found himself hard up for cash, he sold it back to me for about half what i sold it to him for.

I put the chambers back on it, re-upholstered it back to black with the foam cut down a bit, installed a set of flat-slide Mikunis on it, did a total maintenance on it, and installed a set of adjustable clip-ons on it. As with virtually all RDs that aren't nearly dead, the RD can just wheelie at will with a twist of the wrist. Fun bike, and way too easy to get tickets on (don't ask how i know this). It is also capable of running backwards since the electronic ignition was installed; that can get VERY interesting at intersections in traffic when pulling away from a red light!

183144082.jpg

A couple of years ago, I let my two older sons pick 3 bikes each, and my oldest son Jason picked the RD first; he was very close to his uncle Zed. I hope to get him out for a track day at Harris Hill one of these days soon, i'll be on my Bonnie and we'll see what's what...

I had to go back and look at my log, I had this bike before the RD.

It started with a trade for a complete used central A/C system with ductwork installed in a friend Keith's house; he gave me pick of 5 bikes (rolling projects) from his back yard. Let's see if I can remember - Suzuki 400 Cyclone, Bultaco 250 Pursang, '67 Triumph Bonneville, Honda ATC90 3-wheeler, and this '68 Yamaha YDS3 Catalina 250. What I got in the YDS was a barely rolling frame painted red, an alloy GP style tank, a little bum-stop seat, and a full 60s GP fairing with no windscreen. By the way, this was the deal that first got me into British bikes, specifically Triumphs.

I overhauled the suspension, installed new tires on it, fixed the rear brakes, made a proper set of brackets to hand the fairing on it, installed an SEV Marchal ectangular headlight in the nose, and then wondered what the heck I was going to do with this expensive push-bike?

Some time after the trade, Keith remembered he had seen a Yamaha 250 engine under a guys house down the street some years back. He gave me directions, I found the guy, and lo and behold, there was the engine, under the house. It took some serious persuasion and 2 crisp $100 bills to let me have it (that was probably way too high, but the only engine available in Laredo in those pre-internet days.

For "rearsets", I rotated the stock pegs backwards and mounted them to the pillion peg mounts. It didn't take too much faffing about to get them to work pretty well. The clip ons are adjustable, using a U shaped tube and two little slip-on handles; they can also be flipped up, and re-angled as standard bars (although they look strange). The bike is hand-wired, and I bodged a Honda speedo onto it.

I found a set of expansion chambers attached to an RD350 in another town about 100 miles away, totally coincidentally. The bike was selling for $100, and I re-sold it with a set of crusty old stock pipes for $350 later.

The engine took a lot of sorting, it was full of dirt and spider webs. I had to buy a few seals, a gasket set, and carb kits, plus a set of (wait for it) pod filters! i also managed to chop down some 90s plastic bike windscreen and installed that some years later. It never got titled, so it hasn't been ridden much. My middle son Kevin picked that one as his 3rd round pick when I gave my 2 oldest sons 3 bikes each (but it's still in my garage).

183138308.jpg

In 2004, I met my son Jason's neighbor that he had seen zipping back and forth on a Norton and at least one RD400. Jason had talked to the guy and found out he had a big pile of RDs with a couple of runners, and was looking to sell them off to finance fixing up his Norton. We made a deal, and I got a total of 4 complete bikes, 3 of which were running. I also got a 5th rolling chassis, most of 2 engines and 2 other gas tanks, plus some miscellaneous bits and bobs.

It took a lot of work to pull EVERYTHING apart and sort the best stuff to make one RD350, and one RD400, using other stuff I had on my shelves. I got a 4th bike running, and built up most of a 5th but never got it running; all were built as cafe racers. Over 3 or 4 years, I sold them all off without ever titling any of them.

White one is the 350, Blue is the 400. Both were fast, but scary due to less than the best parts used to get them running. Back then, it was just a hobby.

410879411.jpg

410879412.jpg

(2006)
We were at the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation fundraiser bike show at Irv Thomas Honda in Corpus Christi some years ago, and I happened to win a "pudding bowl" helmet with a flaming paint job in one of the $1 raffles. After the event was over, this guy walks up to me and says "hey, man, you want to sell that helmet?". I asked him what bike stuff he might have in trade. He tells me he has an "old fairing" in the back of his garage. So, I load up my bikes and follow him over to his place where he has a SECOND Kawasaki 750 turbo, identical to the one he just rode back from the bike show, parked in his garage. Pretty cool. And there, in the corner, is a classic Reg Curley GP full fairing with seat/ tail and tank, complete with a decent windscreen and a mounting bracket for the fairing!

I had no other possible candidate for it at the time, so I stuck it on this Honda 360 roller I had. Sold it on to a guy in Utah, along with a cool old Triumph chopper that my middle son was building.

410879409.jpg

That fairing was easily worth $500, I got it for a cheap helmet that cost me a $1 raffle ticket. not bad.

I found a set of close-match forks in a trade for another 350 that I had, and only had to do full maintenance on the engine and install a battery to get it to run. Those megaphones were open, and L-O-U-D. Never mind the upside-down handlebars, they just happened to fit with the fairing, a VERY happy coincidence.

I know, that is some CRUDDY stuff.

There's better stuff coming...

Now for what is definitely one of my top 3 best builds (in my opinion): "Project Charlie", a '75 Norton Commando 850, formerly a "High Rider" chopper (originally from the factory, really)

(can't find my original photo, but this was what it looked like - maybe a bit faded after years in a showroom)

410879408.jpg

Charlie had me buy the bike, strip it down, then build it back up as a cafe racer with specific details including the bikini fairing, bum-stop seat, clubman rearsets, Thomaselli clip-ons, bar-end mirrors, tiny turn signals, and CNW/Brembo full floating front brake kit.

Coincidentally, on my trip to Houston to buy the bike, I was heading into town on I-10 and wondered what was going on; I was the ONLY car inbound, and there were 4 lanes plus the shoulder bumper-to-bumper outbound. It turned out hurricane Katrina was inbound from the coast!

(some assembly required)
410181394.jpg

Overhauled forks, tranny, primary & carbs, powdercoated frame, polished everything aluminum except the engine core & tranny box.

379197827.jpg

The bike ended up with a polished alloy tank, this was my interstate tank on it while I waited for the tank to arrive from T.A.Baker in Wales (a long wait)

This was my first paying customer as "Born Again Bikes", and we became great friends as well as fellow vintage racers in AHRMA.

In 2006, i heard about a sorry old BMW R60/5 in the back yard of Johnny Gregory's all-brands shop; Johnny and I have been friends since the early 70s when I used to buy parts from his Dad's (mostly) Yamaha shop. When I found the little Beemer, it had been badly dumped on the left side. Anyone who knows about dumping beemers, knows that the head was trash. Thankfully, the rest of what was left of it was in't TOO bad shape. It didn't have bars, controls, or seat, and the forks were frozen

410879410.jpg

The bike sat pretty much how it looks here for about a year (although I did wrap a trash bag around the cylinder to TRY to keep water & crud out). In 2007, I started to get serious about going vintage bike racing, and my first thought was that Beemers have a certain reputation: reliability. So, in May '07, I tracked down "Boxers by Bruce" at the annual BMOA New Ulm Rallye, and ordered all the bits I needed including head, top end gasket set, carb kits, fork kits, petcocks, and I forget what else.

I pulled everything off the bike but the engine, hand-cleaned the cylinder (thankfully, it had been left at TDC), installed the replacement head, overhauled the forks and carbs, wired up basic electrics with the existing points, got the brakes working reasonably well, flushed out the gas tank, and kicked it back to life. I was able to ride it around the neighborhood ant it felt fairly decent, but I realized I'd be in WAY over my head with OHC fours and Tridents, so I decided to build up a Bonneville instead.

254795439.jpg

I probably never should have sold that bike, it had potential to be a nice cafe racer.

I had a guy call me wondering if I could take a look at a bike he was buying, and give me input as to what it might need to be a reliable around-town rider with a little glitz; we made arrangements for him to have the seller ship it directly to me. It was a '59 Triumph Tiger cafe racer done in 70s style; when I got it, it didn't look too bad, although it was non running, and VERY dull & rusty, not mention thin, chipped paint EVERYWHERE.

I got after it and refurb'ed the carb, changed all the fluids, flushed the tank, swapped the spark plugs, and managed to get it running well enough to take it out for a loop. The speedo was stuck, so I have no idea how fast I was going, but it was a rough ride, and it had rattles coming from every section of the bike. It didn't "clean up" after warming up and at highway speeds, it was smoking very badly.

So, we agreed on a total overhaul with all new bearings, bushings, seals, pistons & rings, mag overhaul, new tires, fork overhaul, new shocks, rechrome most stuff, repaint everything, and polish all the alloy bits.

Since the client lived in 'Vegas, his idea was to give the bike an eye-catching look with Saddle Tan powdercoated frame, metalflake Gold vinyl seat upholstery, and re-paint in BRG with olde font "Triumph" logos in Gold metalflake, and hand pinstriping replicating the original pattern. He also wanted a spool front hub; I talked him into AT LEAST a small Triumph front brake (turned out to be a bust, needed a better brake after he got in trouble with it). Delivered it in 2008.

266872614.jpg

It ALMOST had one of those chrome hood ornaments, you know, the nekkid lady with wings; he wanted me to modify one as a tail light. I talked him out of that.

In 2008, I finished a total of 6 bike buildss, and did 3 major refurbs. Of those 9 projects, 3 were cafe racers. It was a VERY busy year, as I was also racing my Triumph Bonneville in AHRMA Production Heavyweight; I did 7 events (13 races) plus made a pass on the salt flats, setting my class record at the inaugural Bub meet.

First was this rolling project 72 Norton 750 Combat Commando I got from a friend that was transitioning from classic BritBikes into the HD "scene", partly due to the fact that he'd had significant heart issues and could no longer kickstart a bike.

410880036.jpg

People who know what they are looking at, know that's a 13" Norvil fully floating front brake, a rather trick bit. You'd have no way of knowing that the lump bolted into the frame is a Leo Goff (Memphis Motor Werks) total overhaul with a Megacycle cam, light pistons, gapless rings, and a properly balanced crank. The head has been mildly ported and the valves are 3-angle cut (poo poo to the naysayers). To this very nice core, I added an ARD mini magneto, Stack of Sureflex clutch plates, pair of almost new Amal 932 concentric carbs, and a Sparx 3-phase alternator. By this time, I had my choice of a set of red fiberglass bodywork, tiny little Norton High Rider tank in Black with Gold pinstripes, rough but original Dunstall long range tank with the squared-style bench seat with tail, and a nice SS style bikini fairing. I decided on the Dunstall stuff.

Added classic peashooter exhaust, clubman rearsets, Thomaselli clip-ons, a clubman fairing/headlight mount, nice "Green Blob" meters, and a stark glossy Black paint job with Gold decals. I also made my first reed valve positive crankcase vent from a cast-off modern Triumph Bonneville EGR valve. The forks were already overhauled, but it got new Ikon shocks and stainless verier adjustable isolastic mounts.

312321129.jpg

This bike can pull your shoulders out of their sockets if you aren't ready for the launch. While the bodywork is definitely an aquired taste, I acquired it as a teenager, so I love it.

About the same time I got started with my Combat Commando, I had a guy call me about restoring his old Commando cafe racer. He had crashed it pretty bad and let it sit under a tarp for years. He had a Dunstall tank on it, the seat and fairing were smashed. He sent me the new replacements. The plan was to totally strip it, powdercoat & paint, overhaul the engine (pistons, rings, valves, seals, bearings, etc), Megacycle cam, clip-ons, overhaul forks & carbs, polish all the alloy out, new rear shocks, Barnett clutch, and Sparx electronics. Also peashooter pipes, drilled & ground disc, K&N dual-neck air filter, new wiring harness and whatever else it needed along the way. I installed one of my crankcase breather reed valves on it also, they eliminate all typical oil leaks.

329067400.jpg

Yet another project from 2008, this was from a 7-bike deal I made with a guy in Alabama. Two of the bikes didn't even make it back to my shop! On the way home, right as I was getting to Houston, I got a call from a friend and fellow BMOA member, Les Means, asking if I had a rolling Bonneville for sale? I asked him where I could meet him and 10 minutes later they were unloading both bikes off the trailer.

Anyway, almost all the rest of the 5 rollers and pile of engines, fenders and what-not was BSA stuff; very little Triumph stuff remained after I left Houston. A few months after I got back, a guy from California called and asked if I'd build him a BSA cafe racer; I agreed to a budget build (big mistake), and started slapping the best BSA parts together to build this donor bike- a "mostly" '68 BSA bitsa Lightning.

Since the project needed to be on a budget, there wasn't enough money to split open the cases. This came back to bite me in the butt, even though it was sold AS-IS; I long-distance warrantied the bottom end rebuild out of my own pocket just to keep my reputation from being dragged down. LESSON LEARNED, never again.

So, the bike got stripped, flushed out the engine bottom end, powdercoated frame, new shocks, overhauled forks, honed the cylinders, like-new pistons & rings, valve job, battery, tires, chains, clutch plates, oil lines, petcocks, all new cables, overhauled carb, a bum-stop seat, painted tank & seat, meter overhaul, Sparx electronic ignition, clip-ons, and a set of mini-muffs I had on the shelf. I also re-wired the bike from scratch, and picked the best levers and other bits out of my spares bins. We made the budget, BARELY.

410880116.jpg

This bike is the rarest bike I own; it is built from parts I got from Kenny Dreer after he sold Norton America to Stuart Gardner in England. The complete build thread is here: Dreer New Norton 952 Prototype build. It all started when I saw the first publicity photo for the new Norton that he was in the process of building. This was the original monoshock design, but was a non-running bike built to take to the New York International Motorcycle Show in 2001-

337734181.jpg

I managed to buy the monoshock swingarm with big-bearing tranny cradle, also the Blue bodywork and hand-built tight-tuck headers. Although I bought all the parts to build a complete VR880 (still on the shelf), I went ahead and installed a complete 850 e-start engine I already had. So, what went into the build was-

Upper monoshock mounts designed, fabbed & welded to frame
Powdercoated frame, swingarm, tranny cradle and other bits
Rising-rate suspension link designed & fabbed, KYB adjustable monoshock
Vernier adjustable stainless steel isolastic system
Dual 4-pot Tokiko front brakes w/ 298mm Brembo full floating discs
Nissin 2-pot rear brake caliper w drilled & blanchard-ground 280mm Norton disc
Dave taylor rod-linked head steady, Windy Eads rod-linked front steady
All polished alloy bits
ZX6 fully adjustable inverted forks with modified yoke stem (Showa 41mm)
VR880 dual disc front hub, MkIII disc brake rear hub, Buchanan's laced drop-center rims
Sparx electronic ignition, hand-built wiring harness with all circuits fused, under-seat battery mount designed & fabbed
Barnett clutch plates and stuffer plate for optimal stack height
Modified oil tank to clear monoshock
Designed & fabbed headlight mounts
Adapted handlebar mounts
Reverted left-foot-shift to right-foot shift with Clubman rearsets
Fabricated mounts for adapted left-foot brake pedal & master cylinder
One-piece rear axle modified from hardened Holt Caterpillar bolt, with custom made spacers
Kehin FCR 35mm carbs with bellmouth velocity stacks on custom made intake manifolds
Metzler Lasertech tires 110/90x19 front, 120/80x18 rear
CRG bar-end mirrors

Lots of other goodies, completed in 2009...

376452458.jpg

I'm digging your posts grandpaul. Keep them coming. I grew up in a brit bike house. Dad still has Nortons, Triumphs, and BSA's.

Cheers!

Another project I completed in 2009 was a client build of yet another Norton Commando, a '75 Mark III 850. Will sent it over in parts, but here's what he took apart before sending it to me-

331840769.jpg

His idea was to get it to look something like a Paul Smart Ducati with a powder Blue frame and alloy tank, and he also wanted lots of "see-through-space" behind the engine.

The first part was easy, the second part needed some thinking about the side-mounted oil tank. Oil-bearing frames have been done, and are a lot of work; I could have done one, but it was out of Will's budget. So, I came up with a plan that proved quite simple, although it meant having to loosen off the oil tank to empty it once a year or whenever he decided to drain it for an oil change or service. I simply tweaked the front mounting tab and mounted it transversely down low behind the rear isolastic mount. Presto!

373219674.jpg

Powdercoated frame, cradle, swingarm and a few other bits
Transverse mounted oil tank (minimal stock mount re-work)
Polished alloy parts including T.A.Baker long range gas tank
New shocks, overhauled forks, drilled & blanchard ground discs front & rear
Overhauled rear brake master cylinder & calipers, Nissin front master cylinder, braided stainless brake line
Avon Roadrider AM26 tires
Re-chromed Dunlop rims, re-laced by Buchanan's with stainless spokes
Clubman handlebars & rearset footpegs/controls
Re-chromed original fenders
Verier adjustable stainless steel isolastics, OEM MkIII sprung head steady
Custom seat provided by client, brand unknown
New wiring harness, tail light, headlight guts, idiot lights, etc.
Peashooter pipes, other goodies...

Overhauled engine-
All bearings, bushings & seals
Megacycle 560 cam, radiused cam followers
Total valve job, all new Kibblewhite valves & springs
Overhauled carbs, K&N dual-neck air filter
Eliminated complete e-start system, capped with Triumph points plate
Reed valve crankcase breather system
Sparx electronic ignition, 3-phase alternator & regulator/rectifier
Barnett clutch plates, modified stuffer plate for optimum stack height

The Loose Canon

374227507.jpg

The Blue monoshock Norton is my favorite, but this one runs a close second. Finished in 2009, this is a '74 Norton 850 Commando that I built from scratch. These were parts left over from all the previous Norton builds, plus a stash of parts I had been saving up for about 10 years.

368509100.jpg

I had an idea to come up with my own design for a monoshock swingarm, after having a heck of a time making Kenny Dreer's rising rate link work. I decided to take 2 stock swingarms, chop the ears off of one, and graft it onto the top of the other, with a couple of uprights at the front. All it took as far as frame mods were two little tabs drilled and welded in place for the top shock mount. Not rocket science, and it worked a treat.

378126720.jpg

For the front end, I found a TL1000 front end locally for a very short stack of $10 bills. The yoke stem just needed a bit of trimming, and it was on.

Front dual-disc hub was the last of the Kenny Dreer VR880 units, boat-tail seat was one of the last batch of 4 or 5 that I got from him. I scored the alloy tank in a fluke deal for only $400, one of the better deals I got that entire year. My local guy upholstered the seat by copying the Blue bike, for about 1/10th what Kenny paid to have his done.

As far as the engine,
Built from a mostly complete lump, it was stripped to the bare crank halves and flywheel
New bearings, bushings, seals, gaskets, etc.
.040 over pistons and rings, total valve job with all new Kibblewhite bits
Megacycle 560 cam with radiused lifters
Sparx electronic ignition, 3-phase alternator & regulator/rectifier
Barnett clutch plates, modified stuffer plate for optimum stack height
Overhauled carbs, K&N dual-neck air filter
Reed valve crankcase breather, modified oil sump

It's also got the Taylor rod-linked head steady & Eads rod-linked front steady, a near-perfect isolastic taming kit for excellent handling on a Commando.

Buchanan's did the wheel lacing to drop-center rims, and the fully floating front rotors are a few of a stack I got from the guy who built them for Confederate Cycles. Tokico 6-pot calipers stop TOO well.

I did have to fuss about quite a lot to get a modern rear brake master cylinder to work correctly on the Left side; took me a month of sorting to find a modern shifter that would swap out with the brake pedal (should have just chopped off the toe bit and welded it up on the opposite side).

Kinda cheesy, but I ended up using a set of cheap flip-up pillion pegs for rearsets, and simply flipped the shifter over to result in "more proper" 1-down, 3-up shifting.

The front fender was a total afterthought after one ride through a puddle, I never fixed it before selling it at the Betor auction at Barber's in 2010.

"Made in England, Born Again in Texas"
385891171.jpg

This next one started in October 2009 and finished in May 2010, it was a resto/mod of yet another '75 Norton Commando MkIII 850. The client, Luis, wanted the paint to be buffed out and retain his stickers, no powdercoat on the chassis, just clean-up and touchup any scratches, convert to monoshock, replace front end with modern inverted forks, install rearset footpegs & clip-on bars, new isolastics, carb overhaul, brake overhaul, valve job on the engine, and install seat and header he was providing. By the time we got into it, he decided on a Megacycle cam, reed valve crankcase breather, some J&E pistons with gapless rings, all new bearings & bushings, new Excel rims from Buchanan's, small tail light, Eads rod-linked front steady and a Fauth rod-linked top steady. This was the last of the Dreer dual disc front hubs, I should have had some more made from the pattern...

Starting point-

375456990.jpg

For this build, I decided to try a different design for the monoshock swingarm. I only used one side of the top arm, with extra support up front. After this photo was taken, I installed it and found out the box front section wouldn't allow the rising rate linkage to have full range of motion, so I cut out the center section and turned it into two vertical box-section uprights.

382982336.jpg

The finished bike looks quite a lot like the starting point, with the only visible differences being the forks and monoshock.

385841725.jpg

The project was not all roses and bluebirds, the bike had some issues after delivery. I took care of everything in warranty with zero out-of-pocket for the owner. Hey, nobody is perfect.

The bike gets used for track days regularly at the "Streets of Willow" track at Willow Springs, north of L.A., where Luis and his sons live and ride.

8)Not much to say man .You build nice bikes..When I see workmanship of that level in my mind it is art..Thanks for sharing.

motorguy said:
8)Not much to say man .You build nice bikes..When I see workmanship of that level in my mind it is art..Thanks for sharing.

Thanx for that, I appreciate it. I do much better work with OTHER people's money!

For the most part, my stuff is "20 footers" (they look nice from 20 feet away); close up, they are more refurbs than restorations, and I hardly use high-end parts except on my few custom builds. Client bikes are typically a different story (as you can see with Charlie's Norton and Brian's Vegas Tiger).

Back
Top Bottom