New guy from PA

Agentorange

Hi everyone. A bit of a motorcycle enthusiast from PA, love making stuff my own with my hands and mind no matter how bad it might turn out, its always an experience. few bikes i have are:

ikJAOVy.jpg

17sdtSU.jpg

Current garage I'm working out of with a few buddies, nothing too serious fixing our junk
hOx9PoK.jpg

Howdy!

You have any plans for that Yamaha Catalina?

I'd like to find a better engine than the one I have, preferrably one that's running well...

Yes I do. I am planning on turning it into a track bike but that probably won't happen because it's heavy and well the engine isn't the best thought out. I have some rz250 pipes to put on whenever I get the chance. What wrong with yours? Parts are really cheap for these engines. In fact it's less to rebuild the yds3 than my t350 and the yds3 Parts are more readily available

I never really got this engine running right, and I know the main seals are gone. It was open to the elements for many years under a house, and I was never 100% confident that I had all the bits in place right in the primary drive & transmission. I'd rather start with a (relatively) fresh engine.
183138308.jpg

By the way, mine are RD pipes; I had to graft them on with a blue-tipped wrench.

This bike seemed to have a similar life. I bought it off some guy for $100 and it was sitting outside probably since 1987 with the cylinders rusted frozen. Haven't checked the seals. I just a wanted to see if it would run before I took it all apart

Back
Top Bottom