Honda single project

Thanks TJ, next one has quite a few improvements....should be a lot better.
And yes, rent a container at a boatyard for my workshop, bit chilly in the winter but nice and secure at least!

My overflow "workshop" when I was manufacturing replica sports cars was a 40' container !

Sometimes my 3500 sq.ft shop just wasn't big enough !

Thanks Mark....its mainly because I've cut my working week down to 2 days now so I have 5 to spend mucking about with bikes!!
Next version has a lot of improvements, I've just finished the frame which has got the engine position moved slightly, changed the tank moulding a bit so it has a central ali strap and an offset filler cap...mainly to hide the mould joint which I thought I'd sanded out but showed up again when I painted it! Sidepanels now a different shape and seat widened by half an inch. Can't decide though if it should have a full fairing or not.....

Mk 2 version on its way.....

Attachments

• sr197.jpg
    sr197.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 335
That looks the goods! What process are you using to make your parts? (seat, tank, fairing)

They're all fibreglass, I started doing grp work 40 odd years ago so the good side is I don't have any problem making bits like that....the downside is I keep on changing my mind! I've already, just on this project made 2 different pairs of sidepanels, two different tanks and 3 seats!!

hot dang, how did I miss this?? what an awesome piece of equipment you've put together there!! Beautiful fab work. I bet that thing will be a blast to ride!!

Thanks TJ! The first one was built up over 2 or 3 weeks and has a lot of shortcomings as far as fit and finish go....will be trying harder on this new one. Currently working on integrating lights into the bodywork, I'll be doing the tail like this one below but very undecided about the headlight, I have a moulding from an earlier project that would fit and make life easy but really not sure if it suits....can't see the indicators hidden in the air ducts would pass IVA either...

Attachments

• 043 (600x800).jpg
    043 (600x800).jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 803
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 886
And heres the start up video....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPkglZ-G1Kc
And in case anyone is wondering the bits flying past the camera are the remains of the paper I stuck in the exhaust ports after I rebuilt the engine.....and then totally forgot about when I put the pipes on!!

Time for a bit of an update I think.....!
Finally happy with the frame design in terms of geometry and how it goes together so have made a proper jig, bending templates etc and now making some more frames for the single cylinder motor....though I had always intended making a V twin version using the Transalp engine...but happened to pick up a CB1 the other day and decided using that engine would be more fun!

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,074
  • sr235.jpg
    sr235.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 337
  • sr222.JPG
    sr222.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,019
  • sr221.JPG
    sr221.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,012
  • sr216.JPG
    sr216.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 995
  • sr207.jpg
    sr207.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 338
Couple more pics of the frame for the 4 cyl bike....

Attachments

• rc07.JPG
    rc07.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 675
  • rc13.JPG
    rc13.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 673
  • rc14.JPG
    rc14.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 643
Back
Top Bottom