What's the best advice you have heard...

Only watch the first season of the BBC series "Green Wing".

I pretty much just read the Hitchhiker And Dirk Gently books. Liked the BBC Hitchhiker tv series, the movie blew goats. What was Green Wing?

Green Wing was a show about a teaching hospital. The first season was hilarious, the second was awful.

If you like Simon Pegg you'll recognize several of the actors from Spaced.

I first heard it in the race shop as a kid, and still hear it to this day. Originally in regards to taking the green flag, I think it has a bunch of other meanings that apply to life: "He who hesitates is lost"

Pop's always told me: "Anything worth doing, is worth doing well".

In other words, don't half-ass something on your car or scoot just to get it on the road (or dirt). I haven't always followed that advice, but I try to now that I'm older and a bit wiser.

A saying that I made up:
"Even if it's not worth doing, it's worth doing right."

That was in the context of how we can spent thousands of dollars fixing up a $500 motorcycle.

"If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?"

Shantideva, 8th Century

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
If it is broke, try and fix it then buy a new one when you fuck it up beyond all repair.

Pardon the grammar there, it has to be said that way even though it makes me cringe.

If it ain't broke...........keep fixing it until it is ;D

As for 'get a bigger hammer' I had a 28lb sledge hammer pointed out to me as the 'correct method'
to remove an 'Indispension' unit from a trailer axle (if you've never used one, it can easily start to 'control you' as you don't really control it after first 4~5 swings)

I wish, I used to be really fit back in the day.
I had more accidents 'teaching' (doing demonstrations) in 11 yrs than I had in 40 + yrs riding and racing.
Guess I'm just not safe to be walking around and should ride everywhere ;D

crazypj said:
If it ain't broke...........keep fixing it until it is ;D

As for 'get a bigger hammer' I had a 28lb sledge hammer pointed out to me as the 'correct method'
to remove an 'Indispension' unit from a trailer axle (if you've never used one, it can easily start to 'control you' as you don't really control it after first 4~5 swings)

I have used one and ended up with a slipped disk and dislocated hip after 3-4 hours of busting ice off stairs, waited too long to fill out workers comp claims and had to pay for all the Chiro and physio myself. I was almost crippled but was young enough I got through without surgery and as long as I am careful back stays pretty pain free.

I've always been partial to one of my dad's favorites: "They can't say no if you don't ask."

So true.

Back
Top Bottom