CB550/CB500 Honda Shop Manual PDF

Thanks for posting this manual! I was looking for it because there is a bike on CL that says, in addition to a myriad of other issues, it needs new fuel lines. I scanned through the manual looking for anything related to fuel lines and replacing them, but I don't see anything related to that in the manual. Any advice on where I can find this information?

Fuel lines are easy - any fuel line you buy at the local auto supply shop will do the trick - 1/4 inch or 3/16 inch - that sort of thing. Nothing special - just fuel resistant tubing. Can be clear, some is solid black rubber (often for fuel injection where it is under pressure but will work fine on your bike too).

Drop into your local motorcycle shop and they'll likey have a roll of MotionPro fuel line to sell you a couple feet from.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/tools/category/motion_pro_premium_fuel_line/

well what im looking for is more info on connecting them properly, so i dont connect a fuel line to the brake lines (huge exaggeration, im not THAT dumb).

You cant really screw it up. On a 550 there are two outs on the bottom of the petcock (on the gas tank), and there are two fuel in points on the intake side of the carbs. You'll have to take the carbs off the bike to get the fuel lines on them, then you can hook them up to the tank. That is all you have to do, nothing complicated you should be good

Back
Top Bottom