So-Cal riders

Dr.Josh said:
anyone out there from la/oc area?

I'm in Lake Elsinore.

My '71 Yamaha R5 is still torn down to the frame. Bit-by-bit I'm cleaning it up one part at a time and putting it back together. Mostly a clean and repair job. I'm 70/30 against repainting the engine, swing arm and frame. But I'm looking to grab some Color Rite rattle can to repaint the other bits with the 2009 R6 orange.

*** edit, I fully stripped everything... parts are in process for repainting, waiting on ambient temperature to go up and humidity to go down.

Micah from Santa Barbara... Pretty new to cafe's and vintage bikes in general but I have a couple projects getting ready to be thrown in the mix. And always looking for more! ;D

hey everyone,
there is a vintage bike meet once a month in huntington beach on the 2nd sunday of every month, heres the website http://www.vintagebikeoc.com/home/index.php they usualy have a great turn out, last month we had about 50 bikes show, and that in the winter. you see everything from little hondas to old nortons and triumphs. give me a pm if you anyone is going maybe we could meet up. see you there.

sounds good. thats really close to me. ill have to do some work on the bike to get it there, but i have a few weeks.

Jim... snowed in up here in Lake Arrowhead. High above SoCal. Got an unusual project - building a '95 Yamaha Seca II into a neo cafe naked bike. Sort of hoping the outcome will be akin to a Ducati Monster... sort of. This bike's a blast, but like I said, unusual for a cafe.

my freind runs that meet and if you go to that site and check out the November 09 and see pic #71 you will see my other buddys 77 KZ650 and in the background my black 82 KZ1100 Spectre.
And I'm from Hacienda Heights..

dakine_surf said:
Micah from Santa Barbara... Pretty new to cafe's and vintage bikes in general but I have a couple projects getting ready to be thrown in the mix. And always looking for more! ;D

I'm also in SB, currently at UCSB. All my projects are in Ojai but once I get a bike finished I'd be down to ride sometime!

mrk_d said:
I'm also in SB, currently at UCSB. All my projects are in Ojai but once I get a bike finished I'd be down to ride sometime!

I went to UCSB for 3 years! But i transfered because it is really a research school and I was thinking of going to Med School... yeah I got a bunch of projects in the works, but it was soo f'n nice this weekend that I didn't get anything done. I am always down for a ride, and I have a few friends now that want to get a little vintage bike thing going around here... maybe some state street action by bike... lots of good watering holes for a pub crawl

dakine_surf said:
I went to UCSB for 3 years! But i transfered because it is really a research school and I was thinking of going to Med School... yeah I got a bunch of projects in the works, but it was soo f'n nice this weekend that I didn't get anything done. I am always down for a ride, and I have a few friends now that want to get a little vintage bike thing going around here... maybe some state street action by bike... lots of good watering holes for a pub crawl

Sounds like a plan then, more motivation to finish my frikken bikes! Although I won't be able to join you in the bars, not unless I tamper with my ID a bit at least. I'd love to have a vintage thing going on in SB, seems like a good spot for it to happen!

mrk_d said:
I'd love to have a vintage thing going on in SB, seems like a good spot for it to happen!

Me too, there is a pretty big hipster thing going on in SB... not my style per se, but I have seen more and more vintage bikes.

yea those hipsters are all over the place here in long beach, they sure love their road bikes. pedaling is just to much work for me

hey guys. in bellflower with a CB350T rebuilt to cafe style. running, but not on the road just yet. working out a few kinks and hopefully within the next month on the road. cant reakin wait with this perfect weather up ahead.

i need to check out that vintage swap meet, sounds like a lot of fun. the long beach one just has too many harley parts!

Back
Top Bottom