Any one like Sidecars?

paulb

Been Around the Block
I race F1 sidecars in Canada and the US. Check out this site . It is the making of a Documentary and a Movie.
Play the trailers
Cheers
Paul
americansidecar.com

paulb said:
I race F1 sidecars in Canada and the US. Check out this site . It is the making of a Documentary and a Movie.
Play the trailers
Cheers
Paul
americansidecar.com

Hey Paul ... nice. I raced sidecars back in the mid 70's with a fellow by the name of Tommy Murphy. I was the passenger, and had a great time, also road a few races with Greg Cox.

What trailers?!
I love sidecars 9especially vintage) and occasionally hangout at www.sidecar.com Very informative place.

Got pictures? I'll go...

I like side cars to look at.. I dont know if I could ever get used to having one connected to my bike....

It's definitely NOT a motorcycle anymore. Zero leaning and zero counter-steering. It can really freak some folks out, for sure.
I think I posted a picture elswhere, but one thing that's cool is that dogs know that sidecars kick pickups butts!
This picture never fails to crack me up

This is a F1 sidecar.
64047395.jpg

americansidecar.com
Paul

Saw sidecars for the first time at Mosport back in August. I was hooked immediately. A couple of us met Paul Whittaker (VRRA club) and got to talking with him. These machines are amazing, and there are so many husband/wife teams around, can't imagine asking the wife 'dear, would you mind going around the track at 80 mph and oh, by the way, you'll have to hang off the side of the car with your head about a millimetre above the pavement. Luv ya hon'.

It takes a lot of guts to be the monkey on these sidecars. Watching them race is well worth the price of admission.

I've seen sidecar races at Shannonville before. AWESOME! Always thought it would be cool to be the person in the side car...but knowing me, I'd get flung off at Turn 1. ::)

yeah.. I still dont know..
I'd like to look at it but, I dont think I'd get in one...

So Paul- how do you get into that kind of thing- look in CraigsList (not)? Did you have to buld your own frame? Is that a Japanese engine or BMW? Does anyone still race Beemers, or am I giving my age away? Do the rigs come assembled but you add the engine? Does it take a special racing license?

Back
Top Bottom