1970 cb350 "wtf is that" Build.

haha im sure he would he dosent have a job right now. the tank is takein longer than I wanted but its not costing me anything other than the paint markers and havein my body shop clear it when done. (plus his broke ass is living with me and my wife) ill talk to him about it dont know what he would charge.

i think im gonna go do some work on the bike gotta cut more shit off......

Finished up the header wrap today, lookes damn good. I used all left overs that i had thats why their are so many clamps. can somebody tell me where the exhaust bracket is saposed to bolt to.

exhaustdone.jpg

Close up of the tips.

exhausttipsdone.jpg

Wrap looks cool, i'm assuming you'll be going with the kinda ratty-look throughout right? Dig the tips.
You mean the bracket towards that back that clamps onto both pipes? Where the fram mounting point is? Looks like it's there... you just need nut. Or maybe i'm confused/ can't see clearly. Closeups? I've only got a 71' CB350 and a '75 Cl360 but my buddy has a 71' CL350 so maybe i can peak at his if i know what i'm looking for.

ill get a close up later, but the mount your thinking of is for a shifter, the frame from a cl but motor is cb. and this is not the exhaust that came on the bike.

neomxb said:
Finished up the header wrap today, lookes damn good. I used all left overs that i had thats why their are so many clamps. can somebody tell me where the exhaust bracket is saposed to bolt to

Close up of the tips.
That frame is different than a cl 360 but on the 360 it uses the swingarm bolt.
Lovin this build man. the tank is tits!

On the wrap there is a little trick you can do when using two pieces on the same pipe. If you wet it stretch it very tight and wrap the pipe until the wrap ends. Then the next piece will start just past the end, then wrap backward to slightly cover the first piece then it goes back wards towards the end. No clamps needed. Sorry that is hard for me to explain. I had to use two pieces on my bike but its hidden pretty well. I used the same technique to start the warp so not to use a clamp at the begining. There is only one clamp on the entire pipe. Its at the very end. Just though I'd share.
Anyhow, bike is looking cool. Keep it up

yeah i was lookin at a pic someplace and it looks like it uses the seing arm.

Im hopeing that the subframe will be chopped and reworked with in the next week or so, i gotta get this thing done.

So i have found what im gonna use for a headlight. Its a fog lamp from a harley, its a 12v 30w bulb. only 4inches wide. sits nice between the for tubes. Its just on half assed right now. still gotta get the trim ring to hold the bulb on. weld the bracket (the old speedo and tach mount and the old exhaust mount)
headlight.jpg

headlight2.jpg

hedlight3.jpg

Gotta love a teeny weeny tit at the front. See if you can get it a bit lower when you mount it up.

after lookin at the bike more i think im just gonna cut the fork lock off and weld a tab their, puts it right in the center if not just a little lower than center.

So what do you guys think about the the front end, i gotta fix one of the chrome slider things i think its stuck on the many coats of paint lol.

frontend2.jpg

frontend.jpg

This is what im thinking for the swing arm, same paint but im gonna sand off where the slugs are (i had by buddy over do them so i could get this look) to me its kinda the same as the forks but diffrent.

paintedswingarm.jpg

What do you think?

who you callin CrAzY :eek:

I just have a weird taste in bikes i guess, I work on chromed out harleys all day at work, i guess i just had to do wanted to do a bike that will take a second look and say WTF is that haha......but here is a pic of my buell a few years befor it got stollen. looked diffrent when it was jacked. i gotta find the newer pix i had

363059150_l.jpg

Pretty cool man. I dig the ruddy brown. Very vintage hot rod. Should look pretty effin' cool with the tank.

i like hte slugs! will give the frame some depth back there! nice buell def one of my fav sport bikes man!

So what would you guys and gals think about a tracker seat/fender? it might look bad ass with the bike all lowerd. what you think?

A friend dof mine dropped me off alittle suprise today.....just an old set of stacks, they are two diffent ones, one had a rolled lip but i cut it off and then wire wheeled them.....i think it looks killer.

inandout.jpg

Vstacks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom