Jest say MO Kansas City MO

nice bike dude! i am hoping i havnt gotten my self into to big of a project but i guess ill just take it one step at a time. i am gonna have to make a new seat form, i decided i wanted to shorten my frame alittle so i spent the day chopping stuff off. so i will get a new seat in the works tomorrow. ill keep you posted bud.
here is what it looks like right now that i have finished cutting brackets and shorting the back of the frame
cdf6ddd7.jpg

20089159.jpg

lookin good there man your right where im at in my build, got my seat form made up hopefully im doin my fiberglass tonight, im diggin those clip ons whats the story on those, and did you hammer those dents yourself? ima post some pics of mine on here tonight

yea man i have a bunch of lowes blue foam, i cut out a new template last night and i am hoping to get some shape to it tonight. i got my clipons from a guy on here, kmoto. i was super nervous to whack my tank with a hammer, but yes i put those knee dents in my self. and im pretty happy with the way they came out. i still havnt put any filler in yet, thats all metal. but they will be a little smoother and cleaner looking once i am done.

Hey all! Just joined and i live here in Kansas city (prairie village ks, and work in downtown).

Just seeing if there are any meets, or rides that you guys do, would love to tag along and see some cool spots and meet all the local cafe riders.

My bike is a 1981 Yamaha SR500.

Hey dude welcome, I havnt been around here long enough to know but if there is I will be there for sure. As you can see my cb360 is very much a work in progress, but I will try and get it up and running soon so I can go out on rides and stuff maybe if there isn't already we can get some sort of a cafe group together.

Yea not any i know of but we should definitley put something in the works, well i started my fiberglass last night and completely fudged it up and ruined my form so i started a new one tonight ;D so here's a few pics of my progress so far

a1.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

good stuff guys, i really like them both, i have big plans for my bike, but unfortuanly... im poor. haha, so any chance i get to talk my wife in to it, i put a buck or two into my cb360. i really wanted to do it nice so i pulled the engine a couple days ago and started cleaning and painting my frame. this oughta give it a new look. im pretty happy with the results.
d443f778.jpg

d850b2db.jpg

thanks dude, i didnt want like bright bright red, i went back and forth on a few colors, but this one was almost exactly the color i was hoping to get.

jonwright said:
yea man i have a bunch of lowes blue foam, i cut out a new template last night and i am hoping to get some shape to it tonight. i got my clipons from a guy on here, kmoto. i was super nervous to whack my tank with a hammer, but yes i put those knee dents in my self. and im pretty happy with the way they came out. i still havnt put any filler in yet, thats all metal. but they will be a little smoother and cleaner looking once i am done.

Tank is looking great, I thought it was original equip so great job!!
Frame looks awesome!!!!!!!!!

Did a quick clean on my forks and painted my trees, threw the ugly old tires on so I could take a picture
ff517ca0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom