www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 75 CL360 Cafe Build  (Read 31438 times)

Offline MrMister

Re: 71 CB350 Cafe Project
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2011, 01:58:51 »
Thanks for the info, appreciate it. I actually asked for a slightly lighter color blue, but i think this would work alright too. Im getting everything besides the tank back tonight, so looking forward to start putting some of it together.

I'm just catching this build Mr. I like that color blue, but it can be tough to pull it off on the frame. So I wanna see you do it!

As far as the tires go, you will be limited by the width of the wheels. Avon's are a really good choice but here's a little chart to point you in the right direction for sizes: http://www.dropbears.com/u/utilities/tyrerim.htm

Offline MrMister

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2011, 02:05:45 »
Seems to be a problem area then. Hows your paint work coming along? Im getting all the little bits back tonight, and finalizing the stripes on the seat. And the tank is still getting repaired. So hopefully wont be too long before i get everything back for assembly. Are you kepping the origional wiring harness?

Same damn thing happened to me with the kickstart. I had it installed turned 180 degrees so it would never disengage. 'Twas frustrating since I found out after the engine was already in the frame. The good thing is that you can access the kickstart without disassembling the head. Saved a bunch of time.

Offline TFWG

• CL350 Project
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2011, 14:18:57 »
The paint is going pretty slow at this point. The painter was pretty backlogged and is just starting it now. Latest reports point to being totally done in about two weeks. I can't wait to get it back. I'll post tons of pics when it's back.

I replaced the coils and the condenser, got a modern solid state rectifier and made my own wiring harness. I took a lot of the electrics off like the electric starter and the turn signals, so I didn't need a lot of the original harness. My wiring is really simplified, and it still turned out relatively complicated. I'm happy with how it turned out though. I like the simplicity of it. If something goes wrong, I can pretty much fix it right away which is awesome.

Are you painting the seat yourself?
1971 CL350 Project In Progress
350racer.blogspot.com

Offline MrMister

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2011, 08:24:58 »
Yeah im planning on doing my own harness aswell. I had the seat painted as well, he asked me to come by to confirm the stripe. I got it (and a bunch of other bits) back today, so really excited  ;D  Will post pics

The paint is going pretty slow at this point. The painter was pretty backlogged and is just starting it now. Latest reports point to being totally done in about two weeks. I can't wait to get it back. I'll post tons of pics when it's back.

I replaced the coils and the condenser, got a modern solid state rectifier and made my own wiring harness. I took a lot of the electrics off like the electric starter and the turn signals, so I didn't need a lot of the original harness. My wiring is really simplified, and it still turned out relatively complicated. I'm happy with how it turned out though. I like the simplicity of it. If something goes wrong, I can pretty much fix it right away which is awesome.

Are you painting the seat yourself?

Offline MrMister

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 23:56:14 »
So last minute i decided against the silver and went with a pearl white, and i think it was a good decision. Still just waiting for the tank and fork covers.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 00:22:47 by MrMister »

Offline MrMister

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2011, 00:21:07 »
In the meantime ive been working on upholstering my seat. First i grinded the edges off the seat for the look i want. I used a steel grade epoxy to keep the flange nuts in place. I decided the nuts would be better on the top part rather than the bolts because it would be easier to get the vinyl wrapped underneath. Ive already covered the seat with polyurethane foam, and just waiting for the glue to dry.

Offline Ringo

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2011, 00:53:58 »
Mr, your paint scheme is rad.  That blue frame is absofuggenlutely KILLER.
Chris

Offline HerrDeacon

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2011, 06:38:12 »
The blue and white is just like my Gladius :) , the blue is awesome. Is it rattle can? If so, what colour? I may need some for a project I'm working on for the Gladius and it looks like a good match.
Perry

1972 Honda CB350 K4 / 1978 Honda XL250S /1982 Honda MB5 / 2014 Honda CB500X

Offline MrMister

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2011, 10:01:13 »
Thanks, I like the GT40 scheme you've got going. I was actually thinking about those colours as an option.

Mr, your paint scheme is rad.  That blue frame is absofuggenlutely KILLER.

Offline MrMister

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2011, 10:06:44 »
Thanks. No i had it painted. I tried rattle canning it myself, but the paint just chipped too easily, even with epoxy enamel. Funny, i actually asked for a lighter blue, but i like this more  ;D

The blue and white is just like my Gladius :) , the blue is awesome. Is it rattle can? If so, what colour? I may need some for a project I'm working on for the Gladius and it looks like a good match.