www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: DON'T use Speedmotoco.....  (Read 5654 times)

Offline MB

DON'T use Speedmotoco.....
« on: May 24, 2011, 15:46:07 »
Been waiting a week for jets. The ONLY size I didn't have on hand, turns out thats what I need.
Called to see if I can at least get a tracking number as the website said my package was "processing". They're outta stock but didn't think to tell me, just charged my card anyhow, and set me back a week on having a properly tuned bike.
Jerks
Gotta remember that dime City are about the only place that havn't fucked me around, ever.

Offline joevirus563

Re: DON'T use Speedmotoco.....
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 15:57:12 »
Been waiting a week for jets. The ONLY size I didn't have on hand, turns out thats what I need.
Called to see if I can at least get a tracking number as the website said my package was "processing". They're outta stock but didn't think to tell me, just charged my card anyhow, and set me back a week on having a properly tuned bike.
Jerks
Gotta remember that dime City are about the only place that havn't fucked me around, ever.

I've done business with speed and never had problems... but it can happened...

But for sure DTT are the best out there ;).

Offline Beard

• pro blowhard
    • My 79 KZ650 Build
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 15:57:46 »
Jack of everything, Master of nothing.
79 KZ650
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=14667.0

Offline Fix

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • With a shirt like this, who needs pants?
    • Ugly bike
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 16:15:35 »
Z1 is where I got my jets too.  No problems.
'78 Yamaha XS11

Offline MB

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 16:59:56 »
Yeah, I have also found Z1 to be extremely helpful

Offline Sonreir

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oregon
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 17:03:02 »
I placed an order with SpeedMoto as well... two weeks ago...
The single item sat in processing for over a week before it was marked as shipped on May 19th.  Apparently, they sent the item via USPS Priority Mail.  I only live 50 miles away, you think it would have gotten here by now...
Sparck Moto - http://www.sparckmoto.com

Audaces fortuna iuvat.

1977 Honda CJ360 - Café SOS - Stage One™, Café SOS - Stage Two™
1976 Puch Maxi - APuchalypse Now
Suzi T500 Cobra Resto

Custom Gauge Graphics
Custom Wiring Harnesses

DTT Red, White, and/or Black 360 Club - Better than those Blue guys

Offline IndieSol

• "This one goes to eleven." -Nigel Tufnel
    • Project: Pariah
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 18:53:39 »
I would have went and picked it up, Sonny.  I've bought several things from them without issue.  Sorry to hear about your situation, though.   After a situation I had with Old Bike Barn, I generally call first and check to see if an item is actually in stock.  Not to say that the rep couldn't just say, "Um.......yeah, it's here" and then screw me over, but it's worked out.

I too have had good luck with Z1, as well as Dennis Kirk, Bike Bandit, CMSnl, DCC and Fast from the Past.
BMW R100
XT350
CJ360 Cafe Project

Project: Pariah

Offline two-smoker

• I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 19:36:21 »
Don't forget, a lot of parts we lot may need do come out of Japan.... Even DCC has had issues keeping stock on certain items, and it's not their fault either. I am as guilty as anyone of being impatient when it comes to my bike, but don't let one bad experience (especially so soon after the quake/tsunami) color your opinion.l
"I suppose I'd say.... BOLLOCKS! But that's pretty much a reflex for me."

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=21144.new#new

Offline MB

DON'T use Speedmotoco.....
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 21:47:00 »
Totally; the communication is the main problem. The fact that I was able to order, and pay, and wait for an out of stock item is very unprofessional. If I hadn't called there was no way I would have known it wasn't coming anytime soon. That's just terrible business practice.

Offline haplo_84

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 21:53:53 »
Z1 has never dicked me around on my parts and are usually to my place in georgia within 4days of the shipped date, Dime city has been awesome when it comes to communication about the shipping but the items i ordered were out of stock half the time, but i was always told what the deal was and how long it should be. Awesome service overall.
A motorcycle functions entirely in accordance with the laws of reason, and a study of the art of motorcycle maintenance is really a miniature study of the art of rationality itself.  ~Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance